Expat FAQ

Do you have a general question on expatriation? FAQs give you answers to the most frequent questions: Departure.

What is a UK Fiance Visa?

People who are planning to marry a British citizen or permanent resident in the UK may apply for a fiance/fiancee visa.

Fiance/Fiancee Visa Requirements:

  • The sponsor and the applicant must intend to get married within a six month period.
  • They must have met each other.
  • They must intend to live together permanently.
  • The applicant must be able to support him / herself, or be supported by their partner, without access to public funds.
  • There must be adequate accommodation in place.
  • There is no requirement that the applicant and the sponsor have lived together before applying.
  • Successful applicants receive a 6 month visa in which to come to the UK and get married. They are not allowed to work while on this visa. Once married, the recipients must apply for a marriage visa.


    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Addthis

    Consult our FAQ made by the most frequently asked questions and specific terms of expatriation.

    You can ask details, information and post comments on the forums.

    The list of all the questions in the website language is available in one click, ordered by refreshed date or by number of hits.

    For other discussions, advice, question, point of view, get together, etc...: please use the forum.

    - My Life Abroad -
    A selection of expat stories

    "A fun compulsive read!"
    J. Matcham, Amazon

    "I strongly advise people ready to live abroad to read this book!"
    Patrice, Amazon