Expat FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Home > Expat FAQ > Departure

What are the formalities before going abroad?

This article was translated by an automatic system, ie without any human intervention. Easy Expat offers such items in addition to those made by translators. [powered by ]
Original version hereFrançais

When you decide to live abroad, you usually need to be informed of changes in taxation. In France, you must complete an interim and anticipated income from your Centr e Tax. The tax is payable immediately and sets.

[If you keep an address in your country of origin, it is sometimes possible to pay the tax due at term.]

In banking it is quite possible to keep your account in France (you open another in the host country, which is more convenient). However, for certain investments (such as PEA) it is necessary to prevent her from your banker Dem norms will to respect the legal process (and thereby you can make your change of address).

In theory it should also notify his agency of Social Security, but you can also wait maturity of your rights at year end.

For countries outside the European Union it will of course also make sure you have the necessary visa and a social welfare adequacy

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers
International Movers
Compare up to 5 quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Expatriate health insurance
Expatriate health insurance
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
Find accommodation
Find accommodation
Uniplaces is an online marketplace for booking mid-long term accommodation with thousands of verified properties.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.

Consult our FAQ made by the most frequently asked questions and specific terms of expatriation.

You can ask details, information and post comments on the forums.

The list of all the questions in the website language is available in one click, ordered by refreshed date or by number of hits.

For other discussions, advice, question, point of view, get together, etc...: please use the forum.