Expat FAQ

Do you have a general question on expatriation? FAQs give you answers to the most frequent questions: Departure.

Australia: Do I need a visa to enter?

Everyone who enters Australia must have a valid passport or other acceptable travel document. Citizens and residents of all countries (besides New Zealand) must apply for a visa prior to entering Australia. Once you have obtained a visa and have entered Australia, you may apply to extend your visa for up to an additional six months if necessary.

Citizens of New Zealand who have New Zealand passports may enter Australia by presenting their passports and completed Incoming Passenger Cards. They will be issued a Special Category Visa (SCV) upon entry into the country.

Military personnel from certain designated countries, along with their partners and their dependents may enter Australia without a visa by presenting their military ID cards and Movement Orders along with valid passports and completed Incoming Passenger Cards to border officials.


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Addthis

Consult our FAQ made by the most frequently asked questions and specific terms of expatriation.

You can ask details, information and post comments on the forums.

The list of all the questions in the website language is available in one click, ordered by refreshed date or by number of hits.

For other discussions, advice, question, point of view, get together, etc...: please use the forum.