Expat FAQ

Do you have a general question on expatriation? FAQs give you answers to the most frequent questions: Departure.

America's Green Card System

A United States Permanent Resident Card is an identification card attesting that a person has been officially granted immigration benefits, which include permission to reside and be employed in the USA. It is better known as a green card because of it's easily identifiable color. Green cards are issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

    People can immigrate to the US:
  • through a family member
  • through employment
  • through investment
  • through Refugee or Asylum status
  • through "The Registry" provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act
  • when approved by the Director of Central Intelligence
  • OR through the Diversity Lottery

Official Site

United States Permanent Resident Card


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Addthis

Consult our FAQ made by the most frequently asked questions and specific terms of expatriation.

You can ask details, information and post comments on the forums.

The list of all the questions in the website language is available in one click, ordered by refreshed date or by number of hits.

For other discussions, advice, question, point of view, get together, etc...: please use the forum.