Expat FAQ

Do you have a general question on expatriation? FAQs give you answers to the most frequent questions: Departure.

What is a Schengen Visa?

Since 26th March 1995, a new type of visa - the Schengen Visa - has been introduced by the following member-states of the European Union who are signatories of the Schengen Agreement: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden.

The Schengen visa issued by an Embassy or Consulate of the above countries allows the holder to move freely in all of these countries within the validity of the visa.

You must ask a visa for multiple entries. It's usually valide for period of 1, 3 monthhs or more.

In order to apply you need to go to the embassy of one of the Schengen country.

More information here: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Addthis

Consult our FAQ made by the most frequently asked questions and specific terms of expatriation.

You can ask details, information and post comments on the forums.

The list of all the questions in the website language is available in one click, ordered by refreshed date or by number of hits.

For other discussions, advice, question, point of view, get together, etc...: please use the forum.

- My Life Abroad -
A selection of expat stories

"A fun compulsive read!"
J. Matcham, Amazon

"I strongly advise people ready to live abroad to read this book!"
Patrice, Amazon