Forum Paris

Forum of expats in Paris: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Teaching jobs in Paris

Discussion in 'Paris' started by 0, May 22, 2003.

1. 0

0 Guest

Hello I am a Humanities teacher currently working in London. I would like to know if anyone has any information or advice on how I would go about getting a job working in an English alnguage school in Paris or any other opportunities which may be available to me.
    Thanks,
    Niall

2. joy

joy New Member

City:
    agen
    hello niall!
    just picked up your link and was wondering if you had any luck finding a job in paris? if so...is it going well? can you give any helpful suggestions? if you can, please reply! thanks!
    kind regards from
    joy

3. 0

0 Guest

I am interested to know the teaching jobs at Paris with International schools
    With regards
    kapil Desai

4. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Why don't you contact directly the international schools in the Paris area? You can find details here: <http://www.easyexpat.com/paris_en/school_international-schools.htm>

Good luck

[%sig%]

5. rachel

rachel New Member

Hi Niall,
    I don't know whether you've had any success yet with regard to finding teaching work in Paris.
    I taught English in Paris for six months for a company called Télélangue, which claims to be the best-established of all the English-teaching companies.
    You need to get hold of a copy of the bi-monthly magazine FUSAC, which carries plenty of ads from schools looking for teachers. There is also a website: www.fusac.com (I think!).
    Best of luck,
    Rachel

6. 0

0 Guest

Hi Rachel,

I was curious how you went about getting work papers (visa) for the six months you worked in Paris. Were you a student or did you work full time? I know of Fusac, and look in it all the time, but I dont know how to get the work papers... most schools that post positions in Fusac require that you already have the work papers... urg!

Ariel

7. Natalia

Natalia Member

City:
    Madrid
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Spanish (ES)
    Languages:
    English, Español, Français
    I will like to know if some one is interested in spanish classes at Paris.
    Also if they are interested in salsa-dance lessons, I will arrive on september to Paris for improving my french, is some one need spanish or slasa lessons please contact me.
    Natalia

8. 0

0 Guest

Jobs in Paris

I am moving to France in the new year. Can anybody tell me what jobs are readily available for Americans with degrees and working knowledge of the French language?

9. 0

0 Guest

hi

i am a secondary schooll english teacher in india. can u tell me about job oppourtunities .

regd
    rom

10. 0

0 Guest

I am in Paris at the moment and was told by a number of recruiting firs to go away and get myself a TEFL certificate which I am now doing through correspondence. Having problems with carte de sejour but this apparently for EU nationals acts as a work permit. Finding it pretty hard to find willing people to help though. Are any of you in Paris right now?

11. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hi Ria,
    What nationality are you? Assuming that you are from the EU, you shouldn't have much difficulty in going to the local townhall and getting the information.
    You will find a few tips on the subject here: <http://www.easyexpat.com/paris_en/departure_passport-visa.htm>
    Good luck :thumbsup:

[%sig%]

12. 0

0 Guest

Hello,
    I am a student of ESC groupe Marseille, I am looking for a job in teaching.
    If any one has knowledgewho can help me to get this job then i will be thankful to that person. I am ready to work in any place of France.

Regards
    Mahesh BHUTRA