The term "we", "our", "us" refers to EasyExpat.com and BlogExpat.com. The term "you" or "the User" or "users" refers to the User or viewer of our website.
We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If you have questions about your personal information please contact us.
- Being able to post Classifieds, Job Offers, CV and / or Comments.
- Being able to post messages on the Forum.
- Being listed in the Member section of the website, according to your nationality and country of living.
- Receiving legitimate communications via email including administrative messages, service announcements, and newsletters relating to our websites. Please note that you can choose not to receive these e-mail messages.
What information we hold about you
The type of data that we collect and process includes:
- Your name or username.
- Your nationality, location (country, city) and languages (as provided by you during the registration process)
- Your email address.
- Your IP address.
- Your avatar (we will compare with Gravatar database).
Further data may be collected if you choose to share it, such as if you fill out fields on your profile.
We collect some or all of this information in the following cases:
- You register as a member on this site.
- You fill out our contact form.
- You fill out fields on your profile.
How your personal information is used
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- For the purposes of making you a registered member of our site, in order for you to contribute content to this site.
- We may use your email address to inform you of activity on our site.
- Your IP address is recorded when you perform certain actions on our site. Your IP address is never publicly visible.
In addition to notifying you of activity on our site which may be relevant to you, from time to time we may wish to communicate with all members important information such as newsletters related to the latest news on our websites or announcements by email. EasyExpat.com sends you e-mail messages that contain information about your expat-related interests. For example, if you registered your location or interest of moving to France, we may send you an e-mail message with the latest information specifically available on our websites about France.
You can opt-in to or opt-out of emails in your profile (including for example notification of discussions your follow on the forum, private conversations...etc). You can also directly unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of the email (see below).
Other ways we may use your personal information.
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you in the course of your interaction with our site. This information may include technical information about the browser or type of device you're using. This information will be used purely for the purposes of analytics and tracking the number of visitors to our site.
We may also share information about you with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties. However, we only divulge aggregate information about our users and will not share personally identifiable information with any third party without your express consent. For example, we may disclose how frequently the average website user visits our websites.
Please be aware, however, that we will release specific personal information about you if required to do so in order to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order.
Keeping your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that any information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect. We never share any personal data with any third-party provider for marketing purpose without your specific consent.
How to delete your personal data
You can remove your account from this website. After you have confirmed you would like to delete your account the following is removed:
- Your username and password is deleted
- Your personal information such as contact details and email address are removed
- Your avatar is removed
After deletion your posts and content will remain and will be attributed to "DeletedUser". Additionally, any attachments you have made will remain.
IMPORTANT: Before deleting your account, make sure you have deleted also Classifieds, CV or Job Offers you may have posted (find them in the tab of your profile, or in your myExpat area and you can delete them one by one with the link at the bottom of each post).
- In order to remove Directory listing or Comments, you will need to contact us.
- Classifieds, CV or Job Offers are automatically removed from our Website after 90 days and removed data are purged after a maximum of 1 year. You can easily remove yourself your posts by logging into the ads section and clicking on the "Delete" link that appears at the bottom of your ad.
You can opt-out from the Newsletter by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email.
Should you need further assistance with the remaining content please contact us.
We may also deactivate your access to the website due to inactivity beyond a certain reasonable lapse of time determined by our Service, except in cases of force majeure, difficulties linked to the structure of telecommunications networks or technical difficulties, for which the website cannot be held responsible.
Cookies are small text files which are set by us on your computer which allow us to provide certain functionality on our site, such as being able to log in, or remembering certain preferences.
Personal Use Only
Our Services are made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not send automated queries to our websites without express permission from us or reformat our contents. If you want to make commercial use of the our Services you must enter into an agreement with us to do so. Please contact us for more information.
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. Please contact us for more information.
Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT RISKS AND LIABILITIES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE INCLUDING, WITH NO LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT OR INFORMATION THEREIN.
WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, COMPLETENESS, LEGALITY, RELIABILITY, OPERABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION OR MATERIAL DISPLAYED IN OUR SERVICES.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER.
- WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
- WE DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES.
- WE DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY OUR SERVICES.
IN ANY EVENT, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE (1) EURO.
IF YOU USE THE WEBSITE ANYWAY, THE LIABILITY OF OUR WEBSITES OR OF ANY OF THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, PARTNERS OR AGENTS WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MOST ADVANTAGEOUS LEGAL PROVISIONS.
This website is controlled, operated and administrated by DOTEXPAT LTD.
Acceptance of this policy
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy at any time. You may be asked to review and re-accept the information in this policy if it changes in the future.
Who can I ask if I have additional questions?
Feel free to contact us any time and we'll answer any additional questions you may have.