Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving Back to Uk With Us Citizen Spouse

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Secretagent guitar, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Secretagent guitar

Secretagent guitar New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    I live in los angeles (for 22 years) want to move back uk asap with my wife of 5 years she is a us citizen. My parents are in their late 80's and i am an only child so i need to be closer to them. We would stay with them for a short time while we look for a flat. My wife's us firm has offered her a job in the uk where they are currently expanding. I don't have a job yet in the uk. So i cannot prove my ability to support her as her sponsor.

Savings: currently about 4000 pounds in ouruk bank account plus about the same again cash to set up shop (ie move and fly and get into a flat etc), i am 52, she is 49.

We want to sort this out quickly as we were hoping to move over by oct, i thought we could apply for her work visa once we were there but have been advised that is not possible. If it is possible that would be better for us.

Do you think we should hire a lawyer (seems expensive) or is the process pretty straight forward?