Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN UK citizen moving back to UK from USA??

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by swtcorrado, Jul 9, 2009.

1. swtcorrado

swtcorrado New Member

City:
    So Cal
    Hello,

I'm a UK citizen who moved to the united states when I was 13. I'm now 29 years old, married, with 3 children. Due to the current economic climate by business has failed and things are looking pretty dire.

I have family in the UK but was wondering what the steps are in moving back. My wife and children were all born in the United States. We have pretty much lost everything or at least will have in the next few months and we are just looking for a new beginning. I know there's house and income benefits available to UK citizens but I wasn't sure how they would apply to us. I never worked in the UK so I never paid in, and needless to say I don't have a tax ID number.

If I move back to the UK will I be able to claim benefits? Or will I just be a burden on my family not being able to access help from government programs.

The idea is not to be a paracite. I'm just looking at our options until we get back on our feet. We are young and hard working and I'm sure that we can turn this situation around. It would be nice however to have a roof over our heads and food on the table. Geez, never thought I'd ever type that line.

Any help with information will be greatly apreciated. I love and miss England so maybe this was what needed to happen for me to take the plunge.

Cheers,

Daniel