Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Confirmation of polish citizenship - direct from Warsaw?

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by vetticus, Apr 1, 2015.

1. vetticus

vetticus Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,

I've tried to find the post on this, which I'm sure has been written before, but I just can't find it.

The situation is this... I have polish citizenship, my mother has polish citizenship (passport, birth certificate, and the letter confirming her citizenship). My sister chose not to do this with us at the time, but has since changed her mind.

Later this year, we are all visiting Warsaw. Is it possible to go to the office in Warsaw with my sister's birth certificate and our mother's passport/info to get confirmation?
    Or do we need to do the long/official way and have an address in Poland for documents to be sent to?

Thanks,
    V

2. markmarkkram

markmarkkram Member

Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    english
    Not an expert but if she is not a minor she likely needs to go through the confirmation process. I suppose anything is possible though.