Forum Immigration UK

Community of expats Immigration UK: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.
  Register  -  Login  - FAQ
  Advanced search  - Search the whole website
 User's Charter
Language:

UK citizen moving back to UK from USA??

Forum General British immigration issues, visa, citizenship, EEA forms, marriage and dual nationality discussions.: General British immigration issues, visa, citizenship, EEA forms, marriage and dual nationality discussions.

UK citizen moving back to UK from USA??

Postby swtcorrado » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:53 am

Hello,

I'm a UK citizen who moved to the united states when I was 13. I'm now 29 years old, married, with 3 children. Due to the current economic climate by business has failed and things are looking pretty dire.

I have family in the UK but was wondering what the steps are in moving back. My wife and children were all born in the United States. We have pretty much lost everything or at least will have in the next few months and we are just looking for a new beginning. I know there's house and income benefits available to UK citizens but I wasn't sure how they would apply to us. I never worked in the UK so I never paid in, and needless to say I don't have a tax ID number.

If I move back to the UK will I be able to claim benefits? Or will I just be a burden on my family not being able to access help from government programs.

The idea is not to be a paracite. I'm just looking at our options until we get back on our feet. We are young and hard working and I'm sure that we can turn this situation around. It would be nice however to have a roof over our heads and food on the table. Geez, never thought I'd ever type that line.

Any help with information will be greatly apreciated. I love and miss England so maybe this was what needed to happen for me to take the plunge.

Cheers,

Daniel

swtcorrado

City: So Cal

Return to Immigration UK