Customs and import to Rome

Before moving household goods from abroad to Italy, foreigners must have the following Italian documents:
  • codice fiscale (fiscal code number);
  • permesso di soggiorno (stay permit);

If you are a member of the European Union, you don't really need to have other documents.

In addition to the above, non-EU citizens must have:
  • residenza (residency status certificate or receipt for request of one);
  • nulla osta TV-radio (import authorization for TV and radio, if applicable); They must also have several copies of the inventory list.
  • When the above documentation cannot be produced, some moving companies can negotiate the payment of a bond so as to clear customs.

    Update 22/04/2008


    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Addthis

    Recommended Partners

    When you move internationally you are taking a big step. Lots of things are changing and you have a million things to think about and take care of. If you are able to select a top of the line moving company that moves for a modest price, it can take a big weight of your shoulders in busy times.

    Our network of international removal companies can move your furniture & possessions to Italy and anywhere overseas.

    Filling in the form will allow you to request up to 5 quotes from various moving companies. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

    Do you have comments or personal information to communicate about this article? Add your comment.

    Find more definitions and general answers on expatriation issues in the Expat FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

    Go to the Forum to talk more about customs and import to Rome, departure.