Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Non EEA National with Family Permit - Work?

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Jezza, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Jezza

Jezza New Member

City:
    New Zealand
    Hi Everyone

I have just received a Family Permit via my Danish Wife and we are heading over to the UK in a couple of months.

Now I have spent a lot of time reading the official immigration websites as well as several posts on this forum.

In particular I found Polskasweetie's "Regarding employment of non-EEA National" very extensive and most helpful.

I am lucky in that my Wife (EEA - Denmark) is not part of the A - 8
    however I'm not entirely sure how that differs to many of others on this forum applying via new Countries to join the EU.

I'm a bit confused about the next step - I see that if the Non EEA person (me) gets a job first then a EEC1 (new form is EEA1?) is used and applied under "self sufficient person" that part is clear.
    If my EEA Partner was to get a job first what then? The example given in Polskasweetie is an A8 scenario which involves EEC2 and WRS. How would that differ for me? Just trying to understand the process a bit better... :)

Any help at all appreciated, and good luck to all you people out there in similar situations.

Thanks
    Jezza