Forum Sweden

Community of expats Sweden: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Moving to Sweden with a rabbit

Forum السويد, Schweden, Suecia, Suède, Σουηδία, スウェーデン, Svezia, Zweden, Szwecja, Suécia, Швеция, 瑞典, 瑞典: السويد, Schweden, Suecia, Suède, Σουηδία, スウェーデン, Svezia, Zweden, Szwecja, Suécia, Швеция, 瑞典, 瑞典

Moving to Sweden with a rabbit

Postby gwhoosh » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:21 pm

Does anyone have any information about moving to Sweden from the USA with a rabbit?? I can't find hardly any information. Like, is there a 6 month quaratine? Because I don't think she could survive that, I don't think many rabbits could. If anyone has any information or knows a good website (Sweden's Agricultural website only had info that I could find about coming from an EU country) I would appreciate it very, very much!

Thanks!

gwhoosh

Postby Triple H » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:31 pm

Moved...Every Day Life....

Triple H
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

City: Dublin
Nationality: United Kingdom (gb)
Living in: Ireland
Languages: English

Postby sapphire » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:49 pm

This is a really old thread, but for those interested, it IS possible to move to Sweden with a rabbit. There's no quarantine and minimal paperwork.

If interested, post a reply and I'll dig up the documents needed for a bunny to come here. I also have the paperwork for a rabbit going to Denmark.

sapphire

Re: Moving to Sweden with a rabbit

Postby chicbrunette » Fri May 20, 2011 12:05 am

Hi!

I realize this is now a super old thread so it's kind of a long shot posting this but could you still dig up the documents required for taking a bunny with to Sweden? There's barely any information on it anywhere so I'm trying to find out more about it etc as I'm going to most likely be moving back there by the end of the year.

Thanks!

chicbrunette

Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Usa
Languages: English, Swedish

Re: Moving to Sweden with a rabbit

Postby texkourgan » Fri May 20, 2011 7:05 am

I first looked at the EasyExpat article on moving pets- Bringing Along Fido- but Sweden appears to be a bit unusual.

However, I think I found the info you are looking for: http://www.sjv.se/swedishboardofagricul ... 03137.html. Looks easy if you are coming from EU countries, Andorra, Faeroe Islands, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland and slightly more difficult from elsewhere.

Good luck!
texkourgan

Back in Berlin!

City: Berlin
Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Germany
Languages: English, a little Deutsch