Forum Sweden

Forum of expats in Sweden: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving to Sweden with a rabbit

Discussion in 'Sweden' started by gwhoosh, Jul 12, 2007.

1. gwhoosh

gwhoosh New Member

Does anyone have any information about moving to Sweden from the USA with a rabbit?? I can't find hardly any information. Like, is there a 6 month quaratine? Because I don't think she could survive that, I don't think many rabbits could. If anyone has any information or knows a good website (Sweden's Agricultural website only had info that I could find about coming from an EU country) I would appreciate it very, very much!

Thanks!

2. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Moved...Every Day Life....

3. sapphire

sapphire New Member

This is a really old thread, but for those interested, it IS possible to move to Sweden with a rabbit. There's no quarantine and minimal paperwork.

If interested, post a reply and I'll dig up the documents needed for a bunny to come here. I also have the paperwork for a rabbit going to Denmark.

4. chicbrunette

chicbrunette New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Swedish
    Hi!

I realize this is now a super old thread so it's kind of a long shot posting this but could you still dig up the documents required for taking a bunny with to Sweden? There's barely any information on it anywhere so I'm trying to find out more about it etc as I'm going to most likely be moving back there by the end of the year.

Thanks!

5. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    I first looked at the EasyExpat article on moving pets- Bringing Along Fido- but Sweden appears to be a bit unusual.

However, I think I found the info you are looking for: http://www.sjv.se/swedishboardofagricul ... 03137.html. Looks easy if you are coming from EU countries, Andorra, Faeroe Islands, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland and slightly more difficult from elsewhere.

Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...