Forum Sweden

Forum of expats in Sweden: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving within stockholm

Discussion in 'Sweden' started by cdlangen, Oct 28, 2011.

1. cdlangen

cdlangen New Member

Living In:
    Sweden
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English, French
    Hej! Does anyone know of a reasonably priced company I can use to move a few items (bed, clothes and maybe a couple of tables) within Stockholm? I am a student here and may have to move closer to where I will do my thesis work (if I stay where I am it will take more than an hour to get there). I prefer paying a company to move my things rather than trying to rent a van myself...

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    What service did you end up using? Did you use a company or move yourself? I am approaching a move in Berlin and have finally accumulated enough stuff we aren't moving the homeless way on public transport but actually renting a van.

EasyExpat recently put out an article on picking a moving company that is of use to people looking to make an international move. There is also a guide to Stockholm that includes all manner of subjects for an expat. Hope your move went well, it's always such a hassle.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...