Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Immigration UK

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by salenkita, Dec 14, 2011.

1. salenkita

salenkita New Member

City:
    Blackpool
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Peruvian (PE)
    Languages:
    english, spanish, italian
    Hi, I m from Peru but live in Blackpool Uk with my husband, he is British, we got married 2 years ago in Peru but we only moved to the Uk last December 2010, I ve got a spouse visa valid till the end of 2012, after that, I can apply for a permanent resident visa.
    I have been offered a very good job in London with a very good salary that would be very good for us because our financial situation in Blackpool this year was not really good but my husband just got promoted as a Manager at the pub he works at in Blackpool so our concern is if it would be a problem when I apply for my permanent residence visa next year, if my husband an I live in different cities this year? We want to do things right so we want to make sure we wouldnt be doing something inappropriate for immigration by living in different cities and just seeing each other on weekends for a year.

Thanks for your help

Salenka

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Since you have already been married for some time, have lived together in the UK, and have a good reason to live in different cities, I think there is no cause for concern. I would, however, recommend that you maintain a paper trail (e-mails, valentines cards, any shared bills) so you can prove that you are indeed still together.

To be absolutely sure this is not going to a be a problem, I would consult your consulate. They can give you the best information to your specific situation.

Congratulations on your promotions & best of luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...