Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Immigration

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Jovanantwerp, May 9, 2013.

1. Jovanantwerp

Jovanantwerp New Member

City:
    Cramlington
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, afrikaans
    hey guys. quick question. my mother is south african and her father is british. can she apply for citizenship? if so, how and what does she do? do we apply for residency or straight up passport. her parents were married when she was born and she was born in 1949. Also, my dad is South African and my parents have even married for 41 years. How would my dad immigrate? Thanks

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    To pursue this, the first step would be for your mother to apply for British citizenship. The Guide to London covers info on visas and citizenship in UK and much much more.

The UK Border Agency should be your first stop for official info: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/. Also consult the nearest British embassy. If you are serious about gaining rights, consult an immigration attorney. UKBA provides info on finding appropriate representation: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylu ... galadvice/

let us know what you find out, or if you have more questions. Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...