Forum Moving Back / Repatriation


Forum of expats Moving Back / Repatriation: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

  Search the whole website

  User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Help and advice for my Turkish wife?

Discussion in 'Moving Back / Repatriation' started by britinistanbul, Aug 25, 2010.

  1. britinistanbul

    britinistanbul New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Gender:
    Male
    City:
    Gloucestershire
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    Small Deutsh, and small amount of Turkish
    Hello all,
    I was hoping that I may find some useful answers and advice to my situation and my wifes. I am a U.K. citizen who married my beautiful Turkish wife here in the U.K. I moved to Istanbul and lived there for just over two years, my wife has been lucky enough to have early retirement (under the laws of the country at the time), so she would like to join me now in the U.K.

    As I recently have moved back to the U.K. I am unemployed so obviously to help my Turkish wife to gain a settlement visa I would need to provide the neccessary authories with proof of me being able to support her and have a permanent residence if rented or until I can be in the situation to rent a property have a secure address for her at my parents home.

    I wanted to ask some advice and perhaps somebody may be in a similar situation or know somebody who has been in a similar situation.

    As we were married under English law, my wifes maiden surname when she moved to England would need to be changed to my surname eventually, we are not married under Turkish law so she has remained as single under Turkish law and kept her full Turkish name. I wanted to ask what do we need to do to change her surname to my surname, we are married under British law so does she qualify as my wife and immediately take my surname?

    My second question is my wife currently has a visit visa to enter the U.K. this will have to change when she actually moves to the U.K. and she will have to obtain as far as we know a 'settlement visa'

    Any advice or replies would be welcome

    Thanks in advance
    Rich
     
Loading...
Similar Threads Forum Date
✎ EN Please help me - Questions about repatriation!!! Moving Back / Repatriation Nov 24, 2013
✎ EN Help! Rapatriation 5 valises/suitcases Moving Back / Repatriation Jun 11, 2011
✎ FR Retour en france suite separation, HELP !!!!!! Moving Back / Repatriation Oct 10, 2010
✎ EN Expat Early Returnees – Please Help! Moving Back / Repatriation Jun 21, 2010
⚑ EN Announcement Survey Expatriate Policy - Please help!! Moving Back / Repatriation Mar 24, 2008

Share This Page