Forum Immigration UK

Community of expats Immigration UK: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

EEA Family Permit

Forum General British immigration issues, visa, citizenship, EEA forms, marriage and dual nationality discussions.: General British immigration issues, visa, citizenship, EEA forms, marriage and dual nationality discussions.

EEA Family Permit

Postby Habakkuk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:37 am

Hello,

I was wondering what is the best way forward with this and would like the advice of a moderator!

I am a Greek national living these past two years in the U.K. in almost constant employment.

Since moving here I have reconnected with an old friend who is a non EU African and is currently on a student permit in Finland. We have travelled twice to see each other in these 2 years, so I can produce tickets, but since we are both not very fond of selfies, not much in the way of pictures ;)

We are thinking of him moving to the uk as it would be difficult for me to find a job there due to the language barrier. As such what do you think would be the best way of going about it?

I can get a permanent residence card if it would help any and we could travel inside or outside the uk for any wedding ceremony to take place.

Would it be better for him to get a tourist visa and come, get married, and then apply for papers, or to do it the eea way (from outside the uk)?

We are not in any hurry but due to Brexit uncertainty I feel it would be best to get a move on sooner rather than later.

I hope I gave enough details for an initial assessment!

Thanks a load in advance!

Habakkuk

Nationality: Greece (gr)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: Greek English