Forum Immigration UK

Community of expats Immigration UK: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

  Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

  Advanced search  - Search the whole website

 User's Charter

Stay connected

EEA Family Permit

Forum General British immigration issues, visa, citizenship, EEA forms, marriage and dual nationality discussions.: General British immigration issues, visa, citizenship, EEA forms, marriage and dual nationality discussions.

EEA Family Permit

Postby Habakkuk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:37 am


I was wondering what is the best way forward with this and would like the advice of a moderator!

I am a Greek national living these past two years in the U.K. in almost constant employment.

Since moving here I have reconnected with an old friend who is a non EU African and is currently on a student permit in Finland. We have travelled twice to see each other in these 2 years, so I can produce tickets, but since we are both not very fond of selfies, not much in the way of pictures ;)

We are thinking of him moving to the uk as it would be difficult for me to find a job there due to the language barrier. As such what do you think would be the best way of going about it?

I can get a permanent residence card if it would help any and we could travel inside or outside the uk for any wedding ceremony to take place.

Would it be better for him to get a tourist visa and come, get married, and then apply for papers, or to do it the eea way (from outside the uk)?

We are not in any hurry but due to Brexit uncertainty I feel it would be best to get a move on sooner rather than later.

I hope I gave enough details for an initial assessment!

Thanks a load in advance!

Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:22 pm
Nationality: Greece (gr)
Gender: None specified
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: Greek English


  • Related topics
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers
International Movers
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move.
Expatriate health insurance
Expatriate health insurance
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
Find accommodation
Find accommodation
Uniplaces is an online marketplace for booking mid-long term accommodation with thousands of verified properties.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.