Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEA family permit - help with applications/ Relationship section

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by manolo7355, Aug 30, 2018.

1. manolo7355

manolo7355 New Member

City:
    Novi Sad
    Living In:
    Serbia
    Nationality:
    Serbian (RS)
    Languages:
    Serbian, English
    In the application for a family member of an EEA citizen, under section EEA national in Relationship details section, question is :

Have you or the EEA national ever been married before or in a long term marriage like relationship?

I have not but my husband was. The next two questions are realy confusing ! It asks :

Where did you live?
    When did you start to live together?

WHO ??? Where did I live, or my husband and his first wife ?

If anyone knows what they are asking or had experience with this applications I would greatly appreciate any help.

2. abraCadabra

abraCadabra New Member

City:
    xyz
    Living In:
    Russia
    Nationality:
    Russian (RU)
    Languages:
    English
    I think they are asking here about previous relationship. For example, I was married before, my husband not.

I wrote there where I lived with my first husband, start date, end date (approximate) and from the dropdown selected that we are divorced.

So for you the question would refer to your husband's previous relationship.

The form is confusing, true... Like, sometimes they write YOU where the questions refers to the spouse, for example

manolo7355 likes this.
  3. manolo7355

manolo7355 New Member

City:
    Novi Sad
    Living In:
    Serbia
    Nationality:
    Serbian (RS)
    Languages:
    Serbian, English

Thank you. You helped me a lot.

4. firee

firee New Member

City:
    Aberdeen
    Living In:
    Botswana
    Nationality:
    Batswana (BW)
    Languages:
    English
    Hey guys, hope everyone’s great.

Sorry am new on the site and don’t know how to start my own post , so hope the owner of the post will forgive me.

I am a non eu citizen currently in Scotland, uk on a marriage visa and now married to my eu partner 2 weeks now. Was wondering when Is it ok to start applying for relevant visa that allows me to stay in Aberdeen with my husband. Would also like to know if it’s possible to switch from the marriage visa to adifferent visa that allows me to stay and work in the Uk or should I go back home (Botswana) and apply for visa at my place of residence .and which visa am I to apply for so I can stay with my husband and the documents I need to provide for the visa to be a success .

Thank you all so much in advance, any information will be of great help and links will be more than appreciated.

Regards Firee:)

5. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. joneeboy74

joneeboy74 Well-Known Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Irish (IE)
    Languages:
    english,french
    The simple answer to this question should have been....'As the spouse of an EU cirtizen, you have the right to remain in the UK without the need to apply for any other visa or permission at all. as long your spouse remains in the UK. However, you can voluntarily apply for a UK residence card which will confirm your right , and is useful to show to potential employers and others who may not be familiar with EEA law. A residence card is valid for 5 years, and after that time, a permanent residence card could be obtained. These cards are free, but there is a £65 administration fee.'
    The information posted here about visas lasting for 33 months is nothing to do with EEA/EU citizens or their non-EEA/EU spouses.
    Unfortunately, as the UK is in the process of leaving the UK at the end of March 2019, the above mentioned residence cards will no longer be available. However, from that date, there will be a new similar UK system of granting 'Pre-settled Status' to EU citizens and their non EEA/EU family members who have less than 5 years residence, and 'Settled Status for those who have 5 years or more UK residence.Those who wish to stay in the UK must apply for these. Fortunately they will be free, and no £65 admin fee either.
    At present, there is a 'beta' application version running. We are about to apply using it. Application can be completely online, but an Android with 'NFC' capability is needed so that a Home Office app. can be downloaded. The app will allow transfer of passport data, photo etc., or biometric residence card for those who have them. The Government advise that application should only take about 30 minutes, and that for most, no documents at all need to be sent by post, or produced anywhere else. Status will be advised 'quickly' by email.( But Home Office hasn't defined 'quickly').
    We are planning to apply today or tomorrow, as soon as we have got a few documents together. I will post how we get on.
    Anyone else that wants to try it, here is the application link.
    Settled and pre-settled status for EU citizens and their families

7. firee

firee New Member

City:
    Aberdeen
    Living In:
    Botswana
    Nationality:
    Batswana (BW)
    Languages:
    English
    Thank you so much for the response JoneeBoy , however I did apply for a residence permit beginning of November and got a brp card on the 30th of November same month, never thought it could be that fast.