Forum Immigration UK

Community of expats Immigration UK: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

  Search the whole website

  User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

Stay connected

✎ EN Can I travel to UK when I am applying for EEA family permit?

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by kamiviolet, Oct 11, 2017.

  1. kamiviolet

    kamiviolet New Member

    Oct 11, 2017
    Likes Received:
    Living In:
    Hong Kong
    Hong Kongese (HK)
    Chinese, English
    Thank you for allowing me to join the forum. This is my first post here and I would like to ask if anyone can solve my puzzle about the captioned.

    More specifically, I am a Non-EEA citizen and was in the UK under Tier 5 previously. I met my fiance during that period of time and we cohabited and spend time almost 2 years together.

    I left from UK earlier this year as my Tier 5 was about to expire and now I am in my homeland. We have engaged for 1 year and have given the notice to my local government that we will arrange our wedding next month, ie November 2017.

    My fiance is working in the UK and he will come for the wedding for 2 months. We would like to kinda settle in the UK together after we get married.

    I know that normally EEA family permit should be applied outside UK. However, may I ask if anyone here would possibly know whether I can travel to UK before I get the result of my application?

    We are now so worried that this application may take ages to get done and we have been separated for some time already that we don't want to be apart for too long this time.

    Thank you in advance!


    I am a BNO holder. may I ask if I can simply travel to uk then apply for EEA family permit so that I can stay with my husband? Thanks.
Similar Threads Forum Date
✎ EN Applying for EEA2 Family Permit whilst travelling abroad Immigration UK May 9, 2009
Travel after applying for Naturalization??? Immigration UK Jul 14, 2007
✎ EN Non EEA can travel? Immigration UK Aug 5, 2015
✎ EN Can i travel to the Uk with my EEA permit without my wife Immigration UK Apr 18, 2015
✎ EN Permanent residence card uk holder travelling to eu country Immigration UK Jul 10, 2013

Share This Page

Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Recommended Service Partners

International Movers
International Movers
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move.
Expatriate health insurance
Expatriate health insurance
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
Find accommodation
Find accommodation
Uniplaces is an online marketplace for booking mid-long term accommodation with thousands of verified properties.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.

Copyright dotExpat Ltd © 2018. All rights reserved.
Look for more information with dotExpat network: