Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN American Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by richbrfc, Mar 28, 2007.

1. richbrfc

richbrfc New Member

Hi there!

I am looking for some advice. I have an American girlfriend who I have been seeing for nearly four years. I have been over to visit her on two occasions and she has come over here four times most recently for a four month stay. She works in the hotel industry and would have no problem getting a job over here apart from the fact when we asked at the British embassy in Chicago they said she would need to get a sponsor and her employer explain why no English person could be found to fill the vacancy.

What I can't understand is if she was Polish and couldn't speak a word of English she could work over here no problem, which to me is just crazy, aren't America supposed to be our greatest ally?

Does anyone know of anyway she could live and work over here, apart from marriage which we are not considering just yet. I have a house in my name where she would be living if that helps.

Thank you for your time,

Rich