Theater in Maputo
The primary theatre in Maputo is Teatro Avenida, created by Swedish crime writer Henning Mankell. The theatre is home to one of the country's most famous theatre groups, Mutumbela Gogo, and it regularly puts on high-quality local and international plays in Portuguese.
Museums in Maputo
Maputo has a wonderful selection of museums and art galleries housed in beautiful buidlings that creatively capture Mozambique's history.
- História Natural: A museum of natural history, housed in a stunning Gothic-style building.
- Revolution Museum: A museum detailing the history of the Mozambican Revolution
- Museu Nacional de Arte: The country's best collection of art and sculpture
- National Money Museum: The museum traces the history of the money marked in Mozambique, and is housed in the city's oldest building.
- Museu Nacional de Gelogia: Features the minerals and geology of Mozambique, and is located at the corner of Av 4 de Julho & Mártires de Machava.