Senior Regulatory Reporting Officer, Malta JID: 7176
Our client, a well established Bank in Malta is looking for a Senior Regulatory Reporting Officer to form part of the
Finance Department assuming ownership on the Bank’s regulatory reporting function.
As a Senior Regulatory Reporting Officer your daily activities will include:
• Compile accurate, timely and complete regulatory and statistical reporting returns (ex. FINREP, COREP, BR06 and
• Provide prompt replies to queries received from the supervisory authorities, as well as any necessary follow ups.
• Maintain the Bank’s reporting framework and following-up on upgrades and fixes to regulatory reporting systems
• and data warehouses, including user acceptance testing of the Bank’s reporting software.
• Ensure and maintain a high level of data quality including the performance of regular data quality checks and
• ensuring that data is uniform throughout the multiple reports.
• Compile any ad-hoc statistical or management reporting as required by Executive Management and providing
• timely and accurate feedback on any queries thereon.
• Uphold the Bank’s integrity among its various stakeholders and integration of AML/CFT considerations into the
• relevant aspects of his/her remit.
• Update internal documentation and manuals, as necessary.
• Keep abreast with regulatory developments and lead the implementation on the required changes.
• Supervise the Junior Regulatory Reporting officer.
• 2-3 years of experience in regulatory or risk reporting within a bank or financial institution in Malta.
• A tertiary level of education in either Accounting, Banking and Finance, Mathematics and Statistics or a related
• A good understanding of the CRR, CRD IV and MFSA Banking Rules would be considered an asset.
• Excellent communication skills in English, Maltese would be considered an asset.
• Strong knowledge of MS Excel and ability to efficiently handle data files with ease.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.
• Be self-motivated and quick to take the initiative as needed.
• Ability to multitask and prioritise workloads.
• Be proactive, constantly willing to improve and learn.
• Positive and respectful approach towards stakeholders and colleagues alike.
• Work with trust and integrity, ensuring full regulatory compliance at every step.
• Eager to grow on a persona level to help the Bank achieve growth as well.
• Stay up to date with best practice and share new knowledge with the team
• Free parking in Valletta, or 4eu/day for transportation.
• Life insurance from day 1
• Health insurance after probation extended to unemployed direct family members
• Rent subsidy (308 euro per month whilst salary is 23k / 270 euro per month whilst salary is 25k) - rent subsidy stops
• when salary of 35k is reached OR they stop renting (subject to rent contract being shown)
• 1% interest rate for home loans taken through Izola Bank
• Yearly fitness allowance of 150 euro
• Reduced interest rates on personal loans (applicable after 6 months probation has passed)
• Pension scheme in process of being introduced"
To find out more about this great opportunity and many others, get in touch with the SpotOn Connections team. We have options for speakers of many languages across Europe with positions based in Greece, Portugal, Germany, Ireland, Malta, Gibraltar, UK, Czech Republic, and elsewhere.
We offer a 250 euro ‘refer a friend’ bonus for successfully placed candidates, so please send us any candidates that you feel might be suitable for this role.
Get in touch with us to kickstart your career today!