Forum Jamaica

Forum of expats in Jamaica: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Weekend in Kingston: what to do?

Discussion in 'Jamaica' started by EasyExpat, Sep 26, 2018.

1. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hello and welcome!

What are your tips to make the most of your weekend in Kingston?
    What are the places to visit, whether alone, as a couple, with friends or with family? Are there any activities, exhibitions, events that you particularly recommend? What are the organised festivals?

To talk more specifically about your experience, what do you do during the weekends in Kingston?
    Share with us your good plans, your habits and desires for outings.

Thank you in advance for your answers and good discussion! :cool::thumbup:

2. Remaxelitejm

Remaxelitejm New Member

City:
    Jamaica
    Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    Afghan (AF)
    Languages:
    Jamaican, English
    Start your weekend in Kingston by visiting the historic Kingston Waterfront, seeing its beautiful shops, and grabbing a coffee at one of the local cafés. Tour Kingston City Hall and Fort Henry to learn about the city's rich history.
    Take a leisurely afternoon stroll through magnificent areas like Lake Ontario Park, or for a truly unique experience, visit the Kingston Penitentiary. Don't miss out on the lively ambiance of Kingston Market Square, where you can sample local cuisine and browse for homemade items.
    As the day comes to a close, take a sunset cruise around the Thousand Islands or relax in one of Kingston's charming pubs. Kingston has the ideal combination of history, nature, and culture for a great weekend escape.

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Many thanks for your input Remaxelitejm. Are you living in Australia or in Jamaica? Or you come from Jamaica and living in Australia right now?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Member
    Networker

City:
    Global
    Living In:
    Philippines
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish and Tagalog
    When I'm there, I love exploring the Kingston Waterfront. There's nothing like taking a leisurely walk, enjoying the beautiful views, and treating myself to some delicious food at the local restaurants.

Fort Henry is also a must-visit if you're into history. The exhibits are fascinating, plus you get a killer view of the city.
    And let's not forget the Kingston Market! Every Saturday, I make it a point to stock up on fresh produce, admire local crafts, and indulge in some mouthwatering treats.

If you're up for a little adventure, hop on a Thousand Islands cruise and soak in the beauty of the surrounding islands. In my personal experience, I love starting the day with a brunch date with friends, followed by nature hikes and ending the night with live music gigs.

Kingston's got a laid-back vibe that's perfect for a weekend getaway. Enjoy!

Cyrilexpat likes this.