Forum Costa Rica

Forum of expats in Costa Rica: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Childcare in Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by texkourgan, Jul 15, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome -

Most families need childcare services, especially when they move abroad and do not have an extended family network. As you settle into your new life, you may need to locate reliable and safe child care services – but how?

What should people expect to pay for childcare in Costa Rica? What services or classes are available? What qualifications are required for staff? What are the usual opening hours?

Please share your experience with childcare in Costa Rica. What tips and advice can you offer to newcomers? What questions do you have about childcare? Can you recommend a childcare facility in Costa Rica?

Thanks for your recommendations, tips, and advice!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tinahughes

tinahughes Member

City:
    Tamarindo
    Living In:
    Costa Rica
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Español
    Oh hi, I was expecting to find a thread of information but I seem to be the first to comment on this particular issue? I've been thinking about moving to Costa Rica with my family, mostly to give my kids a different lifestyle than the one I had, I want them to be in touch with nature, but I am a bit concerned about schooling, any ideas on what are the best options? I've been advised to choose an International School and was even recommended this one https://criacademy.com/ but I would like to know if there are some local institutions that are worth considering. Thank you

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello @tinahughes and welcome to EasyExpat.com.
    There is always a start for new members joining a thread and some destinations are more popular than others.
    Why have you decided to move to Costa Rica?

Regarding schools, you can also refer to the list of International Schools in Costa Rica on Expat-Quotes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tinahughes

tinahughes Member

City:
    Tamarindo
    Living In:
    Costa Rica
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Español
    Hi! Thank you for your response and thank you for the list. I decided upon Costa Rica after a vacation me & my husband took there. We have a couple of friends that already did the jump and we felt inspired. Scared but inspired haha. We really feel that growing up next to the ocean and surrounded by wildlife can have a very positive impact on our children. Thanks again for the list. Hopefully it will help us make our choices

#4 tinahughes, Apr 20, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2022