Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Us citizen trying to marry british citizen and live in uk

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Jen&Andy, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Jen&Andy

Jen&Andy New Member

City:
    Texas, USA
    Im a girl with USA citizenship and hes a guy of British Citizenship of England. We want to get married as soon as possible. I believe getting married in the USA takes 7 months of paper work of the K1 papers.

How do i get married through the UK? I can prove close to 3 years of a happy relationship, pictures, video tapes of us, emails, yahoo messanger logs, letters and plane ticket stubs of me being here most of the time in a married sense but not married just living together.

I can get copys of Birth Certificates, social security cards and all sorts, proof of times we have flown back and forth for eachother. So how can we get this sorted. We have been told that getting married at the registers office if months faster then through america.

Thanks
    Jen

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Re: us citizen trying to marry british citizen and live in u

I do not think that it's as complicated as in Green Card :lol:

Regarding marrying in England, new rules apply from 1st of february 2005.
    All the information is here :arrow: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/

3. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Re: us citizen trying to marry british citizen and live in u

You can always get married in Las Vegas (cheap & cheerful) and apply at the the nearest UK EMBASSY/CONSULATE for a settlment visa if you want to live in the UK(FRIEND OF MINE HAS DONE JUST THAT). ;) I belive it would not take more then few weeks to sort out settlement visa.
    :rolleyes: