Forum Immigration Poland - Polska


Fora i Immigration Poland - Polska: stel u uw vragen en geeft u advies naar anderen.

  Zoeken in de website

  Richtlijnen Gebruiker  -  Help  -  Voorwaarden en Regels  -  Privacybeleid

✎ EN Tourist Visa/applying forPolish citizenship: extend my stay?

Discussie in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' gestart door Celtdancer, 11 jan 2009.

  1. Celtdancer

    Celtdancer Member

    Lid geworden:
    1 jan 2009
    Berichten:
    7
    Leuk Bevonden:
    0
    Stad:
    Poland
    Can anybody help me figure out HOW MUCH LONGER I CAN STAY IN POLAND? Here are details:

    *I am a US citizen.

    *I'm in Poland as a regular Tourist. (I have family here).

    *I will be applying for my Polish citizenship in Warsaw, and it might take another month or two, to get the application finished and submitted.

    *I arrived in Europe via Zurich airport, Switzerland, on November 1, 2008. (I flew from USA). My passport was scanned in the computer at Zurich airport.

    *Then I went to France for 3 weeks, by train, and back again, to Zurich. Nobody scanned nor stamped my passport on either of these trains.

    *Then later I came to Poland by train, arriving December 21 2008. Nobody stamped my passport on the train, although they did take everybody's passports and keep them on the overnight train (which was from Switzerland to Austria, not Poland).[/u] (From Austria I took 3 more small trains, to arrive in the small village in Poland where I am now).

    So, do I have "90 days" here in Poland starting from Dec 21 2008 when I arrived in Poland by train?

    Or do I have "90 days" in the "whole EU/Schengen area" starting from back on November 1 2008?

    Or does the "Schengen rule" about "90 days in the whole EU combined" not apply, since I arrived via Switzerland?

    I need more time here in Poland than just til the end of January. So I should probably address this matter now, rather than "later". Thanks for any advice.

    (Do I need to register with local Police to make it "official" that I am in Poland? And what about applying for an "extended stay visa"?)

    Thanks !!! -- Christine
     
Laden...
Vergelijkbare onderwerpen Forum Datum
✎ EN *US citizen in POLAND: can I work part-time on Tourist Visa? Immigration Poland - Polska 4 jan 2009
✎ PL Polski Visa dla Amerykanina Immigration Poland - Polska 21 mei 2016
✎ EN Polish Visa for an American Immigration Poland - Polska 21 mei 2016
✎ EN Working visa process and conditions Immigration Poland - Polska 15 nov 2012
✎ EN Schengen Visa expiring. Waiting for Karta Pobytu. Immigration Poland - Polska 8 okt 2010

Deel Deze Pagina