Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Schengen Visa expiring. Waiting for Karta Pobytu.

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by panteatr, Oct 8, 2010.

1. panteatr

panteatr New Member

Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Polish
    Hello,

I would appreciate advice on my situation. I am a US citizen, studied in Wroclaw past year on a Schengen visa and still in Wroclaw currently. I extended the visa to continue research here and thus maximized my 1 year allowance on Schengen visa. I have been accepted for a project that will continue here for 2 years. My Schengen visa expires October 19, 2010. I have already put in the application for Karta Pobytu (2 years) at the Office for Foreigners in Wojewodzki Office in early September.

The inspector has already asked for additional documents, which I provided, and now they said everything is in order and it should be fine. The problem is they say it may take additional time to process and I may have to leave before the visa expires then come back. She suggested just going outside Polish borders to Czech Republic, then returning just after October 19 with evidence I was out of the borders.

First issue is that my project is beginning on October 18! Second issue is that I am worried she is not informed of Schengen law. If I step out of the Polish borders to Czech Republic on October 17, for example, then return October 20, what evidence is there I was out of Poland, because there is no border control? A train ticket stub? And if I actually leave Schengen zone to UK, for example, then try to return on October 20, will they see my expired visa and refuse to admit me? Is there any option for me not to have to leave?

Please, anyone knowledgeable on issue, advice is appreciated!