Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Required documents for temperory resident permit to poland

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by farooq, Nov 2, 2007.

1. farooq

farooq Member

hi everybody

i am an indian married to polish girl in india and i would like to go poalnd to join her so i would like to know which type of visa should i apply and what r the required documents to apply.i checekd the polish consultate site but i coudnt get the required info.so please anybody can help me in this i will be greatful to them.

2. encinizm

encinizm Member

Re: required documents for temperory resident permit to pola

hi,
    im from turkey and my wife is polish too. we got married in the summer in turkey. i applied for visitor visa at the polish consulate in turkey after 3 4 days of our marriage with the relevant documents like:application form, our turkish marriage certificate, my bank account statement, wifes passport photocopie, mine as well. also letter from wife saying she is inviting me to her family house in poland.

These were not enough so i have been told nicely that we need to register our marrige in poland and have the polish marrige certificate or the decition that the polish local government has given and also an offical invitation document from your wife or parents. for this invitation the local offices ar asking for specific things ;especially bank details of the person who is invitiong you.if that person hasnt got more than 15.000zloty in the account than ask for someone to lend that amonth of money before hand so it wont look weird on the statement.

i was lucky that they didnt refuse my application and the consul himself told me to give him the offical invitation document, plus the polish marrige certiciface and my visa was going to be given.

so it took about 1 month as my wife came to poland sort out everything.

so i went back and got my 2months visitor visa which ended 30th of october. we applied for the resident permit here in poland and got that after 4 weeks so now i have got temporary resident permit for a year.

But if you want my advise; dont apply for visitor visa. because i was so luck that consul himself again helped me so much that he actually called the local offices here coz they dont register it without you being in peresent. i donno what he said to them but my wife finally got that bloody certificate. if he wasnt really helpfull i wouldnt be able to come for long time.
    Apply for tourist visa. thats better option i thiink. They ask you to sign at the local polish offices so come here with the tourist visa and get your certificate and apply for the resident permit.

Because polish offices work with appointments with the things which u need to have, make sure you get the appointments on the day you gonna be here in poland.

so get a tourist visa and sort out you merrage certificate with your wife. you are going to sign documents here which will take time as well. Be prepared and you got to be very patient with the polish offices. they are damn slow.

And the best thing you can do is get your wife call the polish embassy many times and get her to talk to the consul so s/he will get familiar with you and her which is a benifit. it is a good investment trust me :) you will pay phone bills but might return you in a big favour . ask them again and again which documents you need, how many copies of which documents, any translation they want from which documents?

ask these things to offices in poland as well. take as many documents as you can b4 you come to poland.

Tell your wife to contact her local vovoid office and find out if you are fine to apply for the temporary resident permit with your tourist visa. should be fine but find out just in case. she can find out about all the required documents they want you to register your marrige in poland.

before i came to poland. while we were in turkey , we found a really nice translator lady on the internet who lives in warsaw ,to translate somethings like; bank account details, statements coz you need them for poland . but at the embassy there are translaters , or there are people that they work with, so ask the embassy or the consulate if you need it.

i can tell that much for now. i hope everything goes well for you. ohhh one last thing, love your wife. thats the most important from all above. take so many pictures together ,with friends, family. keep all the important documents you might need for the future