Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Family Enquiries...help required.

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by Pawel Baker, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Pawel Baker

Pawel Baker New Member

City:
    Southampton
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish, Polish
    Good morning,

I really hope you can help? My name is Paul Baker I am British and 34 years old. My mother is also British but her parents (both now deceased) were both Polish - moving to the UK after the war.

I have started travel to Poland with work and also plan to visit and reunite with family I have found to live in Kielce. I have even started Polish language courses.☺️

In respect of that I am enquiring about my eligibility for a Polish passport. Unfortunately I am struggling to obtain my grandparents details as the circumstances are difficult.

My grandmother was taken from the streets of Poland in Kielce by the Germans when she was very young. She spent time in Germany following this whereby my grandfather (who is from Bialystok) found her at 17 years old when fighting as a paratrooper in the Polish army. After the war they married and moved to the northeast of England whereby my grandfather became a miner.

Long story short - as a result of the circumstances we have very little supportive documentation of my grandparents movements and citizenship status.

The information I require is - (a) am I eligible for a Polish Passport? And (b) where do I start to progress this? - how do I obtain information about my grandparents? I would really appreciate your help.