Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Polish temporary residence for Polish spouses?

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by iwonkaa, Jun 20, 2009.

1. iwonkaa

iwonkaa Member

I am looking for what the documents needed for non eu Polish spouses to apply for 2 years temperory residence in Poland if we are applying in Poland.
    I heard that when applying from abroad through the Polish consulate they ask for lots of documents like bank statements, police clearance, birth certificates, taxes and insurance details...
    Is applying in Poland need the same documents or will be a bit easier? and how long does it take?

2. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    That would depend on the nationality of your spouse. Non-EU is too general a term.

3. iwonkaa

iwonkaa Member

No that is not a law. anyway thanks for your reply

4. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    Who said its the law ? its the practice. Try to have a look the website of the Polish embassy in London and you will see there is a list of countries, mostly muslim, whose citizens are being prejudiced against by the fact that they have to wait longer for their visas. That happens in UK, in Poland where the government offices still remind you of the Mighty Soviet Union, its much worse than that and I guess I don't have to remind you that there is no law when it comes to communistic beaurocrats.

5. iwonkaa

iwonkaa Member

I am sure you misunderstood what i am talking about, I asked about residence permit in Poland for Polish spouses NOT Schengen visas for non eu, and even so spouses of EU nationals who requires schengen visa should be given such a visa on a priority basis and free of charge NO MATTER where they come from, the key when dealing with EU law is the establishment of the true relationship NOT the country of origin

6. shah

shah Member

City:
    poland
    hi iwonka
    in poland its not too hard i got 2 year temperory residence permit as spouse u have to give them polish marriege certificate and ur work document if u dont have work then any body who can sponser him(ur mom or dad or sis or bro) and place of living permission letter and all english document need to translate in polish and he have to provide from his country criminal record letter and insurance i think soo he dont need it if some body sponser from here and they will ask normal Q what he gona doo latter on and what he done be4 and they have time max 4 3 months but they will reply u after 2 month for interview whr they ask where u live how u met hows ur room look like how many room u got in house how many person live there some thing like that and thats not sure he will get for 2 years may be 1 year or 2 years if u want to know some thing more then u can call here wojwoda office then they cann tell u every thing ok hope fully this information help u take care byeeeee

7. iwonkaa

iwonkaa Member

Thanks SHAH for replying, Actually I did call my Wojwoda today and all they told me that my husband will need just to present the marriage certificate which is should be registered in Poland+valid passport+my ID or Passport BUT they didn't mention anything about the criminal record or the insurance she added that he will only need these documents if he is applying through a conusl abroad. Are you really sure you submitted criminal record and insurance? if so Will they accept the British Criminal Record as he is resident here for long or he has to get one from his coutry of origin?

8. shah

shah Member

City:
    poland
    hi iwoka
    i m positive sure about criminal record letter coz they ask me 4 that so i translate into polish coz my criminal record letter was in english lauguage i m 100% sure and they need from his country whr he born i met wife in england i been in england for 6 years and i was illegal thr so may be thats y they dnt ask me nothing from england but whr he born he have to give criminal record letter and insurance i dont think so hee need that coz if he married with u then ur insurance will cover him and 1 more thing they asked me abt finance letter from his country then means did he have any finance or any debit some thing like that i didnt give them coz pakistan never give finance letter so i give them written statment and checked it from pakistani cosulate in warsaw. if u want to any thing more then here is my yahoo ID shah_1810@yahoo.com then u can speak with my wife as well she can explain every thing to u coz she done every thing for me ok have a nice day take care bye

9. iwonkaa

iwonkaa Member

Thanks alot shah for all of these details. That will be helpful for us.

10. shah

shah Member

City:
    poland
    no problem take care bye