Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving with Polish Family

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by znowanka, Sep 13, 2010.

1. znowanka

znowanka New Member

City:
    Kingston
    Living In:
    Jamaica
    Nationality:
    Jamaican (JM)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi Anyone can help.

I am a caribbean national, have my baby girl and baby mother who are polish nationals and living in Poland. I want to move to Poland with my family, get marry then move to the UK.
    Can anyone shine some light on:
    1. How long will it take for Marriage documents to complete after we get married.
    2. How long will it take for me and my Family to move to the UK after documents being processed.
    3. If I am going to Poland with Visitors Visa, would I have to extend visa after it expired or can I apply for temperary resident??

2. richasis

richasis Member

Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Since you're marrying for love, why don't baby-momma and baby girl join you there?

3. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    1 - Getting married in Poland for foreigners is a long tedious process with a lot of documentation required both from here and from your home country so you should provide at least a couple of months i.e. you have to complete all the documents BEFORE you can get married.

2 - Thats rather a question concerning UK immigration. You will need to apply for EEA Family Permit which can take any length of time from being issued on the same day to several months. Besides, keep in mind that there is no guarantee that you will get one just because of your marriage to a Polish citizen.

3 - I don't think you can extend Visitor visa in country neither can you apply for temporary residence unless you get married before the expiry of your visitor visa but read point 1 above again. Try to get visitor visa for six months to be on the safe side.

Alternatively, you can get married in your home country and then move to Poland with your wife and child. That will be a lot easier - as far as I can tell.

Good luck

4. znowanka

znowanka New Member

City:
    Kingston
    Living In:
    Jamaica
    Nationality:
    Jamaican (JM)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi Yousafzai

Thanks very much for those details. If anyone agrees or disagree with Yousafzai pls let me know.

Regards