Forum Kuwait

Forum of expats in Kuwait: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Life in Kuwait

Discussion in 'Kuwait' started by EasyExpat, Mar 17, 2010.

1. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hi,

You are living in Kuwait, or you used to live in Kuwait. How did you decide to move to Kuwait?

Help the community and share your experience as an expatriate in Kuwait. :idea:

Was it a difficult move? Was it complicated to find a job in Kuwait? To find an accommodation in Kuwait?

Did you have some visa/immigration issue to go to Kuwait? Or maybe everything was organised by your company for professional move?

:arrow: You can share here the different steps of your move in Kuwait. What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Kuwait?

Thanks in advance for sharing and giving advice. :cool:

2. CDaniele

CDaniele New Member

Living In:
    Belgium
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    FRANÇAIS,ITALIANO,ENGLISH
    Life in Koweit???

Hello! Bonjour!Ciao!

I really hope that this time i have found the "right" forum for sharing!
    It's very difficult to find an "active" forum (most posts have no answers or there date back several years!)

I would need to receive asap your informations / advices / details of life in Kuwait.
    I just got a proposal for a position based in the center of Kuwait (a job that I had refused it already a few months ago...) and I'm a little scared with the idea of ​​living in this country ...

The rent seems very expensive. I already had a look on the web, and the price for a full furnished in a recent building (with pool ...) in the Salmiya area and are very very expensive ...
    The company offers me housing assistance for only 300KWD monthly, but I saw nothing below 650/750 KDW.
    To move into the city is mainly by taxi (apparently you have always to negotiate it first!) seems very painful and at the end of the month probably expensive too?
    I do not intend to take a car, it seems that driving is dangerous, including the stress of traffic ... (to go to work a shuttle is provided ...)
    That is why I will wish to live in the center close to all the amenities within walking distance ... (beach / Shops ...)
    I heard that the"suitable" restaurants are not cheap eithe ...
    Recreation is very very limited (no bar / alcool / nightclub ...) must move to Dubai to find all these...

So, I would like to know roughly what minimum salary you need to have to live well in that city ... (without having to spend it all to live!)

If you are single and childless, what do you do to entertain yourself ???
    How do you "socialize?" Is the contact Easy? Is it true that men do not mix with women? (Even between expats?)

I'm interested in any facts that would convince me to accept this position in Kuwait and perhaps have the pleasure to meet you soon!

I hope to read you soon ...: D

Regards,
    CD
    Please feel free to contact me in French/Italian/English

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mjoy

Mjoy New Member

City:
    Hawally
    Living In:
    Kuwait
    Nationality:
    Somali (SO)
    Languages:
    Arabic & English
    Hello everyone i hope you well I'm an expat been here mostly all my life I was born here and live with family life so I'm used to life here yes sometimes it becomes difficult but everything will be easy later.

For all the new comers welcome to Kuwait and take it easy everything will be alright consider your move as an adventure learning new things about cultures - people - and lifestyle in the end you will cope with it socializing with others it's the best thing to do to feel comfortable and familiarity good luck for you. :thumbup:

5. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello Mjoy and welcome to EasyExpat.com

Thanks a lot in advance for sharing your experience in Kuwait. We have opened many topics on the forum to help expatriates and you may be able to give valuable information. For example:
    :arrow: The Best Areas to Live in Kuwait
    :arrow: Planning Your Move to Kuwait
    :arrow: Going Out and Meeting People in Kuwait
    :arrow: Cost of living in Kuwait
    :arrow: Taxes in Kuwait
    :arrow: Public Transportation in Kuwait
    :arrow: Preparing for a Job Interview in Kuwait
    :arrow: Healthcare: Medical Treatment in Kuwait
    :arrow: etc
    See you soon on the forum :wave:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. farazahmedg

farazahmedg New Member

City:
    Karachi
    Living In:
    Pakistan
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Sindhi
    Hey Guys, I know its not related but. I'm Faraz from Pakistan and I'm really interested to Live and Work in Kuwait at start then after settling down I can continue for further Studies but for me its really seems to hard tbh, I'm a Student, I have completed my High School a year ago and after that i couldn't continue my studies cause of some reasons but I'll continue my studies for sure but I'm looking forward to live and Work in Kuwait If you guys can help with everything It'll be really helpful and I'll be very Thankful to you guys.

7. neimth

neimth New Member

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Russia
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    English