Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Community of expats Immigration Poland - Polska: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Family Enquiries...help required.

Forum Some of the topics covered are: Polish citizenship confirmation application process (documents to submit, translation requirements, wait times), Polish citizenship laws Acts 1920, 1951 & 1962, Polish citizenship confirmation eligibility, Proving Polish citizenship documentation and evidence, Getting your Polish passport/PESEL after you have a positive confirmation and Polish citizenship confirmation lawyers.: Some of the topics covered are: Polish citizenship confirmation application process (documents to submit, translation requirements, wait times), Polish citizenship laws Acts 1920, 1951 & 1962, Polish citizenship confirmation eligibility, Proving Polish citizenship documentation and evidence, Getting your Polish passport/PESEL after you have a positive confirmation and Polish citizenship confirmation lawyers.

Family Enquiries...help required.

Postby Pawel Baker » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:24 am

Good morning,

I really hope you can help? My name is Paul Baker I am British and 34 years old. My mother is also British but her parents (both now deceased) were both Polish - moving to the UK after the war.

I have started travel to Poland with work and also plan to visit and reunite with family I have found to live in Kielce. I have even started Polish language courses.☺️

In respect of that I am enquiring about my eligibility for a Polish passport. Unfortunately I am struggling to obtain my grandparents details as the circumstances are difficult.

My grandmother was taken from the streets of Poland in Kielce by the Germans when she was very young. She spent time in Germany following this whereby my grandfather (who is from Bialystok) found her at 17 years old when fighting as a paratrooper in the Polish army. After the war they married and moved to the northeast of England whereby my grandfather became a miner.

Long story short - as a result of the circumstances we have very little supportive documentation of my grandparents movements and citizenship status.

The information I require is - (a) am I eligible for a Polish Passport? And (b) where do I start to progress this? - how do I obtain information about my grandparents? I would really appreciate your help.

Pawel Baker

City: Southampton
Nationality: United Kingdom (gb)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: English, Spanish, Polish