Forum Travel

Community of expats Travel: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Re entering Schengen after previously overstaying?

Forum: Tourism, travel insurance, flights, train tickets, cruise, hotels, guides…: Easy Expat Travel provides a range of services and choice of companies to organise your holidays.You can discuss the different offers, the service, your feedback, give advice here.

Re entering Schengen after previously overstaying?

Postby jessamca » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:55 am

Hello, my husband and I were travelling throughout Europe last year and in seven months, we spent six of them in Spain and Germany.

We did make stops in Croatia, and London, so our exit and entry stamps are not very clear.

When we left to come back to Canada, the passport officer in Germany spent a good 20 minutes trying to put it together, but couldn’t, and there was a language barrier, so he let us through.

We have been back in Canada for just over six months and are soon flying to Spain with a connection in London. Could we be penalized or denied entry if they manage to put everything together? If passport control was solely in Spain, I would not be worried, but I know they are more diligent in London.

We plan to stay in Ibiza for one month on holidays. We both have businesses in Canada. We do not have our return ticket purchased yet as we might stop in Croatia.

jessamca

Nationality: Canada (ca)
Living in: Canada
Languages: english

Re: Re entering Schengen after previously overstaying?

Postby texkourgan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:21 am

I looked around the net a bit, but really am not finding anything concrete. It seems with a matter this important you should really contact the embassies directly, although some people suggest making an anonymous inquiry to avoid penalty once you admit overstaying. This is too complicated a matter for the layman I believe. Your other option is consulting an immigration lawyer for some direct answers.

Here are some different people's experiences & opinions: http://www.vagabondjourney.com/travelhe ... ngen-visa/

Best of luck!
texkourgan

Back in Berlin!

City: Berlin
Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Germany
Languages: English, a little Deutsch