Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Eea2 Current Processing Time

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Bravado2010, May 10, 2010.

1. Bravado2010

Bravado2010 Member

City:
    Norwich
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, hindi and telugu
    Hi,
    i am following the topics on eea2 since i applied for it on 12/04/2010. Till today no response from the homeoffice (ho). Apllied for jobs and at any moment i may get a call for an interview. Can any one plz give me an idea wat are the current processing times? I mean does anyone applied for eea2 in the last three months? If so have recieved any replys from ho?
    I hav not recieved any letter from ho, about my documents and application were recieved.i have tracked over royal mail saying that my special delivery has left liverpool royal mail depot on 13th april'10. Trying homeoffice (ho) contact over phone, its a big trash that they r busy all the opening times. Dont have any idea how to deal with it. My another concerned is that i need to travell abroad in july'10,
    can anyone please help me over this issue. It would be really thankfull if someone can share their ideas and opinions please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you.

2. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    EEA2 applications take six months or more, sometimes can even take upto 2 years even though they have been faster since the start of this year but you still have to be very patient with that.

As for the Certificate of Application, you should have got it by now. Why don't you give some headache to the Royal Mail people ? Also, you should rather send e-mails to Home Office instead of calling since e-mails are free and have the same chance of response as phone enquiries.

Good luck

3. Bravado2010

Bravado2010 Member

City:
    Norwich
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    Thank you for the advice. Will update with latest info.

4. StressedOutEEA2fella

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hi bravado2010

i am in a similar situation as you, i have applied for my eea2 on 22 april 10. And yeh, nothing from the ho yet. I am really stressed out because i have read some scary posts about the processing times.

Have you received anything yet? Could you please let me know what i can do to come out of this? (if you have found some way out)

many thanks

5. Bravado2010

Bravado2010 Member

City:
    Norwich
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    Hi,
    ho have returned my application on 14 and recieved on 15th may. Basicly i have applied straight to residency card, bcoz my wife is completing her five year period stay in uk by june. We got all the documents, but we did not submited her worker reg document. Therefore they returned my application asking to reapply with the support docs.
    This time i backed all the documents, and am sure that there will be nothing to be questioned.

6. StressedOutEEA2fella

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hi

thanks for your reply.

I have gone through all the pages of the new eea2 form. -it doesnt say anything about worker reg document. I am not sure when it is required.

Regards

7. claustrophon

claustrophon Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish, French
    I applied EEA2 for the RC on 5 Dec 2010 and am still waiting. See more information at this forum discussion:
    post56971.html

8. carlitoo

carlitoo Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    Polish, English
    My wife applied on 28 april 2010 and she received her coa on 4 june. They advice her not to make any non-urgent travel plans so we just have to wait now. Hopefully not for ages!!

9. teardrops

teardrops New Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Jamaican (JM)
    Languages:
    english
    Welcome to the real world of waiting on h.o., i made my appilcation in august 2009 and on the 3rd of october 2009 i receive my certificate of application stating i can work and so forth, in march of 2010 they sent back requesting documentary evidents of my partner and i having a two years relationship, i wrote then a letter stating that the fact that we were not living together until we got married i could not produce those evidents. When i had applied for c.o.a they ask for us send in an affidavits stating when and how we met and it should be wistness by a solicitor. We did all of that, the solicitor see that we lived at seperate addresses because we were'nt married as yet. I produce my full uk license and my fiance produce his e.u card and proof of address, the question i would lkie to ask is, why has home office keeps asking to produce documents they know we don't have. Are they expecting us to get panic and to produce flase paper work to then when they had already have the affidavit ? Now its the 30th of june 2010 and am still waiting. I phone then up in the frist week in june and was told that a decision has be made but i have to wait to be sent out.what do you think ? Am so worried, my life is on hold and uncertain as to what to do, any advise will help, thanks.

10. claustrophon

claustrophon Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish, French
    teardrops, I share your pain and frustration. I applied 5 Dec 2009, and I'm still waiting. I've had to cancel two planned trips to Spain, and I can't make any plans to visit friends or family until I get my passport back. the UK seems smaller to me now that I can't travel outside its borders.

11. teardrops

teardrops New Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Jamaican (JM)
    Languages:
    english
    Hi everyone let me give you a little ray of hope, i finally got my r.c after almost 9 months of waiting, let me give you an insight of my journey, i had applied for my permission to get marry in march, 2009 and i got the certificate of approval in july 09, after a few months of asking for other supporting documents.

After i submitted the documents, within a couple weeks i was given the c.o.a, we got married in august 09 and submitted our application few days after, our application was return to us because of other supporting documents they required, we submitted it to then in next couple days, and on the 13 of october 09 we received the letter of application stating that i can live and work, i took the letter of application and applied for my national insurance number after a couple dys of i receving it, i was given a six weeks appointment for interview, i got the letter of conformation with my n.i. And in january of 2010 i got my n.i card.

After six months of waiting i was ask to submit my passport, which i wrote to h.o letting them know they had it in their file, after waiting for so long and started getting furstrated, i went on a eea forum site to hear of other peoples situation, i read one of then where someone gave a number to call if you are waiting for more than six months, the numbers are 08702410645,01516725626,08450105200 and press 1 and the option 2, but you have to be persistent. When i rang then i was told that a decission has been made and it was on it's way to me.

I check my letter box twice a day and nothing is happenning so i decided to phone up yesterday to ask of it, luckly i got a gentleman who was quite polite, he told me it should be with me already, so he gave me the tracking number, i went and track it with royal mail, lo and behold the postman has been trying to delivered it for two weeks but they sent it to my old address, even though i notifiy then of change of address, anyway i went and got it from the sorting office, it has been a pleasure when you fough battles and victory has been won.my advise to all you guys pls keep phoning if its over six months and also check your old address if you have moved, also get a tracking number. Hope my experience will bring some ray of hope, it was stamped me on the 3rd of june and it was deliverd to me on the 23rd of june and i got it in my hand on the 6th of june finaly, if it wasn't for someone info on this site i would be still waiting all this time whithout even thinking of phoning, so i think it's best to share my experience with you lot. I wish you all good luck in your quest, and god bless, any door that god opens am afraid no man can closes it.

12. carlitoo

carlitoo Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    Polish, English
    while we're waiting can we ask ho for our passports back because of an important travel plans in october?

13. claustrophon

claustrophon Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish, French
    Carlitoo,

When I applied for EEA2, I included a post-paid envelope for the immediate return of my passport, and my spouse's. I'm not sure if you can easily get yours returned to you after you have applied for EEA2. I have been stuck in UK since april, because the Border Agency are sitting on my passport.
    Here is an idea of my timeline:
    • * 6 Dec, 2009: Applied for EEA2
      * mid-dec, 2009: Received our passports back.
      * 15 April, 2010: Received letter requesting that I send my passport to them.
      * April to July, 2010: Called several times asking about status of my case. Canceled 2 trips abroad, losing hundreds of pounds in airline costs.
      * Today: Still waiting for Border Agency to return my passport, hopefully processed with RC pasted inside. Still stuck in UK, unable to travel abroad.

IT HAS BEEN OVER 8 MONTHS SINCE I APPLIED WITH EEA2 APPLICATION. I'M STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO PROCESS MY CASE.

14. carlitoo

carlitoo Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    Polish, English
    claustrophon,

Thank you for reply. Is good to know something more about whole process but certainly news aren´t good at all. Our situation is similar. We sent application on 28 Apr, got CoA on 3 Jun and since then nothing. We are newly married (Oct 09) and due to go to Mexico (it would be my first trip outside EU). We have booked flights and time off from work and am really worry now to be honest. We will ask them about passports back and will see if she will be allowed to be back with me. Maybe in UK embassy in D.F. she can apply for an entry clearence. Wish you good luck, anyway.

15. claustrophon

claustrophon Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish, French
    I spoke to a UKBA agent today and they told me that if you request your passport to be sent to you, that will pause the processing of your case and they will send it to you within 10 business days.

During regular office hours Call 08450105200 and press 1 and then option 2. Sometimes you get a message stating everyone is busy and to call back later, other times you are informed that your call is in a queue, and your position in the queue.

You must provide your case ID, full name, birthday date, and nationality.

I was informed that if I travel abroad on an expired EEA Family Permit visa, I could go to the British Embassy while abroad to gain approval to re-enter the UK, or in some cases those traveling abroad do not have time to go to an embassy and can show the proper documents at the border when re-entering the UK. This would be your passport and Certificate of Application (CoA).

I don't have this confirmed in writing, and I think I would rather wait until my case is processed to travel abroad, as I don't want to run into issues with a border agent upon re-entry. You may take your chances and do the above, travel abroad. If you do so, please post here your experience coming back to the UK.

IF ANYONE HAS TRAVELED ABROAD WITH AN EXPIRED EEA FAMILY PERMIT AND A PENDING EEA2 APPLICATION, PLEASE POST HERE YOUR EXPERIENCE RE-ENTERING UK.

Thanks.

16. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Zimbabwean (ZW)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi guys,

Is there anybody who submitted their eea2 application for a RC in August 2010? If so, did you receive any form of response from HO?
    I submitted mine beginning of August and no COA yet. Is this common?

17. carlitoo

carlitoo Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    Polish, English

Yes it is. Most likely it will take up to 5-6 weeks so you should receive it soon.

18. wisoansah

wisoansah Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Ghanaian (GH)
    Languages:
    english
    I wonder why it should be taking this long,the EU law says the CoA should be issued imediately,dont u think the HO is taking a piss?

19. wisoansah

wisoansah Member

City:
    london
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Ghanaian (GH)
    Languages:
    english
    never try that,its very risky,u could be returned back to where u coming from to obtain a valid entry clearance which happens to be the EEA family permit,i will advice u waite till ur case is dealt with

20. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Zimbabwean (ZW)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi, thanks for your reply guys. I received my COA in the post this morning.

The problem is it doesn't state that I'm allowed to work. Does a COA imply that I'll get an RC