Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEA2 residence card application was refused/EEA family membe

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by NataliaJ, Jun 3, 2014.

1. NataliaJ

NataliaJ New Member

City:
    Bournemouth
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Latvian (LV)
    Languages:
    Russian, English
    My father has applied for the residence card on the basis that I am his family member (daughter) and am a EU national and a student. he is not EU national but has aliens Latvians passport. the application was denied because I (EU national) did not have comprehensive medical insurance and did not provided evidence that i have sufficient resources not to become a burden to the UK. my father works and cover all my needs. i cannot work as i am a full time student, available jobs like waitress or cleaner does not suit me as I have Juvenile Arthritis in my hands and cannot do physical work (at least at the amount needed to work to cover all needs). i will buy soon my sickness insurance and also we will create joint account to show that I have full access to my fathers salary.
    1-How likely it is that an appeal will be successful if we will complete and send appeal form now but in couple of weeks time will add all necessary documents?
    2-what type of appeal will be better to choose: oral or paper?
    3-on how long i need to buy sickness insouciance (1 year or for whole time planned for me to stay in the UK) and does he needs it as well?
    4-does he has right to stay in the UK is we will appeal?
    5-what if the appeal will not be successful (can you suggest the reasons why it might not be) what we should do?