Forum Cyprus

Community of expats Cyprus: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

cyprus citizenship .. ???

Forum قبرص, Zypern, Chipre, Chypre, Κύπρος, キプロス, Cipro, Cyprus, Cypr, Chipre, Кипр, 塞浦路斯, 塞浦路斯: قبرص, Zypern, Chipre, Chypre, Κύπρος, キプロス, Cipro, Cyprus, Cypr, Chipre, Кипр, 塞浦路斯, 塞浦路斯

Re: cyprus citizenship .. ???

Postby Plutarchis » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:13 pm

This is a very old message, 2006, and I see NO reaction! Strange. And a pity for me. Your question is important to more people I think. My wife is Russian, I live in Spain. During two years we try to find a place where we can live together, without running against a brick wall of documents. It might be Cyprus. I really don't know.
I hope that someone wants to help us out of this endless and sad situation.
Regards, Plutarchis.

Plutarchis
Backpacker
Backpacker

City: San Fulgencio
Nationality: Netherlands (nl)
Living in: Spain
Languages: Nederlands, Engels, Frans, Duits, Roemeens, Spaans

Postby Cyrilexpat » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:15 am

Hello,
Yes, old message but thanks to you the thread is reactivated :-) .
Why can't you get your wife to Europe? If you are married where do you live together at the moment then? Is it only a long distance relationship with you going to Russia to see each other?
In theory, if you are married and you have enough funds to prove that you can support her, you should get a visa.
Take a few seconds to upload a :arrow: profile photo: it will be nicer and all your messages will have a much greater visibility 8-)
Cyrilexpat

City: London
Nationality: France (fr)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: Français, English, Italiano (un pó)

Postby Plutarchis » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:24 pm

It's not that simple. I tried to get permission for Marina to live with me in Spain. In Torrevieja I had to go seven times to the migration police, everytime they told me"If you have another document next time, it will be ok". It wasn't.
The last time, the 5th of March, she would come again for 3 months to join me in Spain. I payed the flight, she applied for her visa at the office in Moscow, no visa! I phoned to the Spanish Embassy in Moscow, they didn't take the phone, orf I got the answering machine. I phoned to Madrid, they connected me through about 5 times. I wrote an email, and yes, answer. They told me that during the last visa period Marina had stayed too longtime in Spain. This is simply not true, I wrote them that. No more answer.
So the last two years we have been travelling, Russia Spain vv.
Now I have to go to the migration Police in Elche, to start this circus all over again. For my residence it will be no problem, I'm a Schengen citizen. But for Marina, yes. She needs a document from the Russian health insurance. She has not!
I can arrange a health insurance for her in Spain, but nobody can tell me if that will be accepted by the migration P{olice.
So now I started to look for other countries where they might be a little bit more flexible.
Regards, Plutarchis.

Plutarchis
Backpacker
Backpacker

City: San Fulgencio
Nationality: Netherlands (nl)
Living in: Spain
Languages: Nederlands, Engels, Frans, Duits, Roemeens, Spaans

Postby texkourgan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Hopefully you've been able to find a solution since it has been some time, but in case you were still looking for information, we just published a guide to Cyprus which includes info on visas (http://www.easyexpat.com/en/guides/cypr ... t-visa.htm).

Find the guide here: http://www.easyexpat.com/en/guides/cyprus/nicosia.htm
texkourgan

Back in Berlin!

City: Berlin
Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Germany
Languages: English, a little Deutsch