Forum Cyprus

Forum of expats in Cyprus: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Cyprus citizenship .. ???

Discussion in 'Cyprus' started by Plutarchis, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Plutarchis

Plutarchis New Member

City:
    San Fulgencio
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Dutch (NL)
    Languages:
    Nederlands, Engels, Frans, Duits, Roemeens, Spaans
    This is a very old message, 2006, and I see NO reaction! Strange. And a pity for me. Your question is important to more people I think. My wife is Russian, I live in Spain. During two years we try to find a place where we can live together, without running against a brick wall of documents. It might be Cyprus. I really don't know.
    I hope that someone wants to help us out of this endless and sad situation.
    Regards, Plutarchis.

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello,
    Yes, old message but thanks to you the thread is reactivated :) .
    Why can't you get your wife to Europe? If you are married where do you live together at the moment then? Is it only a long distance relationship with you going to Russia to see each other?
    In theory, if you are married and you have enough funds to prove that you can support her, you should get a visa.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Plutarchis

Plutarchis New Member

City:
    San Fulgencio
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Dutch (NL)
    Languages:
    Nederlands, Engels, Frans, Duits, Roemeens, Spaans
    It's not that simple. I tried to get permission for Marina to live with me in Spain. In Torrevieja I had to go seven times to the migration police, everytime they told me"If you have another document next time, it will be ok". It wasn't.
    The last time, the 5th of March, she would come again for 3 months to join me in Spain. I payed the flight, she applied for her visa at the office in Moscow, no visa! I phoned to the Spanish Embassy in Moscow, they didn't take the phone, orf I got the answering machine. I phoned to Madrid, they connected me through about 5 times. I wrote an email, and yes, answer. They told me that during the last visa period Marina had stayed too longtime in Spain. This is simply not true, I wrote them that. No more answer.
    So the last two years we have been travelling, Russia Spain vv.
    Now I have to go to the migration Police in Elche, to start this circus all over again. For my residence it will be no problem, I'm a Schengen citizen. But for Marina, yes. She needs a document from the Russian health insurance. She has not!
    I can arrange a health insurance for her in Spain, but nobody can tell me if that will be accepted by the migration P{olice.
    So now I started to look for other countries where they might be a little bit more flexible.
    Regards, Plutarchis.

4. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...