Forum Cyprus

Forum of expats in Cyprus: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Calling abroad to Russia from Cyprus

Discussion in 'Cyprus' started by Alex1, Feb 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Alex1

Alex1 New Member

City:
    Limassol
    Living In:
    Cyprus
    Nationality:
    Russian (RU)
    Languages:
    Russian, English
    Hi! My name is Alex, I'm from Russia. I'm planning to relocate to Cyprus for a long term, and hopefully find a job and get a work visa. I've been to Cyprus several times before as a tourist and I liked it here.

For now I decided to spend about 3 months in Cyprys, exploring the country even more, trying to live as a normal person with regular everyday expenses (and not as a tourist) and looking for possible job opportunities.

The thing is I need to call back to Russia to my elderly parents several times a week. They are not very educated in technology and don't have computers or smartphones. So for me calling to their landline or old simple cellphones is the only option. I tried to call from my new local Cyprus sim-card but it seems too expensive for me. I tried several mobile apps since then and for now decided to stick with yolla. They seem to have decent prices for Russian lanlines. So basically, my question is: has anyone used this yolla app before? Is okay in a long term? Any feedback would be great. Thanks

2. Alex1

Alex1 New Member

City:
    Limassol
    Living In:
    Cyprus
    Nationality:
    Russian (RU)
    Languages:
    Russian, English
    Anybody?