Forum Bulgaria

Forum of expats in Bulgaria: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Bulgaria scams

Discussion in 'Bulgaria' started by invest2win, Mar 6, 2008.

1. invest2win

invest2win New Member

We invested in Bulgaria in 2005 through a company called property invest ltd (varna). They introduced us to an investment opportunity in Kranevo Park, asked for the usual installments of money and then informed us that the developer cannot be contacted and we won't be getting our money back. We signed the notary agreement and gave them power of attorney to receive any money owed on our behalf.

They stalled us for 1 year with false promises of another investment offering a huge discount emailing us on a regular basis of its development. Now they claim to have sold up.

We have lost £15,000! We have been told we cannot get our money back and Property invest have buried their head in the sand. Take this as a warning if you consider Bulgaria as an investment.

2. thetravelbug.org

City:
    Bozel
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, little Bulgarian
    Unfortunately yours is not an uncommon story and over the last 3 or 4 years i have had numerous emails from people in similar situations. I am not sure what has happened since you posted this but if i can help in anyway let me know. Take a look at http://www.thetravelbug.org to see the services i offer.