Forum Immigration UK

Community of expats Immigration UK: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

British Citizenship/passport For Uk Newborn Baby?

Forum General British immigration issues, visa, citizenship, EEA forms, marriage and dual nationality discussions.: General British immigration issues, visa, citizenship, EEA forms, marriage and dual nationality discussions.

British Citizenship/passport For Uk Newborn Baby?

Postby Andrew2412 » Sat May 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Good afternoon everyone!
Could you please help if you can with the dilemma we have.
My wife and i are both eu citizens who lived in the uk since 2002 and 2004.
We would like to apply for british citizenship/passport for our baby daughter who is just 4 weeks old and were born in the uk.
What exact steps should we take in order to start the procedures in application.we have baby`s birth certificate in place and as we both eu citezens and lived/settled in the uk for more than 5 years.
I have read all the available info on uk boarder agency website and it looks straight forward but then i were getting passport application form from post office, lady behind the counter have confused me and herself as she was not sure what to do and how to check the procedure.
If anyone can give us an advise on what to do and how to do it we would much appreciate that.
Many thanks in advance!!! [/b]

Andrew2412

City: Salisbury
Nationality: Lithuania (lt)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: English

Re: British Citizenship/passport For Uk Newborn Baby?

Postby juka » Tue May 18, 2010 10:45 pm

your chils is a British citizen already, you don't need to apply for citizenship. if you want to obtain passport here is more information
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_174107
you should provide child's full birth certificate, your passports and document proving that you are settled in UK (worker's registration certificate or resident card)

juka
Backpacker
Backpacker

Postby Andrew2412 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:49 pm

Thank you for the useful information.

Andrew2412

City: Salisbury
Nationality: Lithuania (lt)

Postby elmahnos8 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:35 am

According to my research, a proper birth certificate and Social Security number are needed to apply for a passport and a photo of the child. Your best bet is to talk to someone the Post Office about this problem because they know more for that. Both parents will need to be there when the process is made.

SEO

elmahnos8

City: chicago
Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Usa
Languages: english