Forum Sydney

Community of expats Sydney: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

accomodation in sydney

Forum سيدني, Sydney, Sydney, Sydney, Σίδνεϊ, シドニー, Sydney, Sydney, Sydney, Sydney, Сидней, 悉尼, 悉尼: سيدني, Sydney, Sydney, Sydney, Σίδνεϊ, シドニー, Sydney, Sydney, Sydney, Sydney, Сидней, 悉尼, 悉尼

accomodation in sydney

Postby sydney » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:17 pm

Hi ,

I'm planning to go to sydney in january 2004 for about 6 to 7 months follow a course. I'd like to find a furnished flat or shared accomodation (between 100 to 170 AUD per week).

Thanks

shyla

ps: if you have already been to australia, have you ever heard about the TAFE ,what do you think about it?

[%sig%]

sydney

City: Brussels

Re: accomodation in sydney

Postby EasyExpat » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:31 pm

TAFE means Technical And Further Education. It's a generic word and delivers a degree in several subjects (Engineering mainly).

Here is a guide of institutes in Sydney running TAFE courses : <http://www.studyinsydney.com/sydney-tafe.php>

Regarding your accommodation question, I can only encourage you to read the pages on Sydney/Accommodation and use the small ad section on Easy Expat.

[%sig%]
EasyExpat
Site Admin
Site Admin

City: London
Nationality: France (fr)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: English, Français

Postby Oprahbeth » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:25 am

Hi,

Before going to country like Australia make advance booking for air ticket and accommodation. Last year i also visit there. I stayed there at Mt tamborine in a cottage . My experience was superb.

Oprahbeth

City: America
Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: American Samoa
Languages: English

Postby Oprahbeth » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:37 am

Hi,

Sydney is one of the most beautiful Australian cities. Sydney has become one of the major travel destinations in Australia. If you are planning to browse the whole city then you must consult with a online marketing consultant. Last year i enjoyed the New party there. That was an unforgettable experience for me.
Last edited by texkourgan on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Commercial links removed

Oprahbeth

City: America
Living in: American Samoa
Languages: English

Postby vhau » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:07 am

I am aware that this reply won't help you Shyla, put I'm gonna post it anyway, maybe it will be of help for someone else. If you cannot find a furnished flat/house to rent (which you love) for short term, you can still rent the flat/house of your dreams and rent the furniture as well. There are several furniture rental companies in Sydney, but the one that I used was Valiant (http://valiant.com.au/residential/relocation-furniture-hire/), they specialize in offering furniture for hire, regardless if you relocate for short or long term.

vhau

Living in: Australia
Languages: English, French