There are private schools in Dubai catering to all of the key groups within the expatriate community. Demand for the best schools is high and enrolment should take place as soon as possible to guarantee attendance at the school of your choice. You may be asked to provide school reports from your child's last school and you will often be expected to attend an interview, with your child, at the school. Your child may also be asked to sit an entry examination.
The majority of private schools, including the international schools, teach in English. There is a wide selection of schools following both the British and the American curricula and it is also possible to sit the International Baccalaureate.
- Al Mawakeb - US Curriculum, Primary / Secondary
- American School of Dubai - US Curriculum, Primary / Secondary
- The Cambridge International School - UK Curriculum, Primary / Secondary
- Deira International School - UK Curriculum
- Jumeirah English Speaking School (JESS) - UK Curriculum
- Lycée français international Georges Pompidou - The LFIGP Dubai is part of the AEFE, network of French schools abroad. They welcomed 2670 students in September 2015. They provide a comprehensive education from kindergarten to Baccalaureate with 3 sites: Sharjah: 16 primary classes (kindergarten to CM2 with 4 bilinguals classes), Oud Metha (Dubai): 15 nursery classes (PS to GS, 4 bilinguals), Academic City - Ruwayyah (Dubai): 30 elementary classes (CP to CM2, 8 bilingual), Academic city - Ruwayyah (Dubai): 46 secondary classes (6e to Terminal)
- Lycée français international de Dubai - The French school educates 2,100 students from pre-kindergarten to the baccalaureate. This belongs to the network of institutions AFLEC (Franco-Lebanese Association for Education and Culture). It is also an institution associated with the network of establishments in the French Secular Mission (MLF World) and is recognized by the French agency for French education abroad (AEFE). The school also provides teaching in English and Arabic.
- Lycée Libanais Francophone Privee - The LLFP is a private Lebanese school authorized to teach the French program. It is also required to teach its students some compulsory subjects: the Arabic language, social studies and Islamic studies (for Muslim students). The LLFP is approved by AEFE for all classes from kindergarten /primary to 3e (end of high school).
- Dubai College - UK Curriculum
- English College Dubai - UK Curriculum
For those wishing to pursue further education in Dubai, there are a number of universities and business schools offering American or British university education.
Scholars International Academy is a UK curriculum school catering to the expatriate population. With a diverse international faculty and a highly accomplished Principal, the school's programmes are geared towards providing a holistic education through an interdisciplinary curriculum. This UK curriculum is designed to nurture a child’s multiple intelligences, thus truly empowering them to excel in the 21st century.