Madrid has a growing variety of fitness centres and sports clubs with golf courses and tennis courts. Spaniards, like most Europeans, are fans of soccer, and Madrid has two huge soccer stadiums, Real Madrid (Santiago Bernabeu Stadium) and Atlético de Madrid (Estadio Metropolitano).
The city also has a large horseracing track and several large public swimming pools. In the winter, its citizens can ski in the nearby mountain ranges, the Sierra de Guadarrama and the Sierra de Gredos.
Stadiums in Madrid
In Madrid there are different main stadiums regarding the sport that takes place in it. Between the most important you can find:
Sporting Events in Madrid
- Rock ‘n' roll Madrid Marathon: This 42-kilometre race through the city is held every year in April
- Tennis Madrid Open: International tennis stars come together in Madrid for this thrilling tournament. Including Nadal, Federer, Murray, Nalbadián and Agassi
- Triathlon world championship: Madrid hosts this event, organised as part of the International Triathlon Union world circuit.
- Motocross. Red Bull x Fighters: The spectacular "Red Bull X Fighters" freestyle motocross championship is held in the spectacular site of Las Ventas bullring
- Madrid horse week: Madrid Horse Week features world-level show jumping, vaulting, and reining competitions. The "Salón del Caballo" also presents a continuous programme of shows and exhibitions, with games, sessions on horse healthcare, and other activities.
Gyms in Madrid
On Gimnasiosmadrid.org you will find the complete list of gyms in Madrid City. You will also be able to compare the information about their facilities, as well as their pros and cons.