There's no shortage of opportunities to shop in Bangalore. From modern and sprawling shopping malls to humble stores, the city is crammed with deals for the shopper. Whether you're looking for luxury buys or budget deals, you'll find it all in this shopping haven. If you're shopping at small shops or bazaars, remember to bargain. At the modern shops, prices aren't negotiable but you'll be treated to a range of designer goods.
The commercial areas in Bangalore are:
- Commercial Street: The whole street is crammed with small shops, boutiques and emporiums
- MG Road: This is a great place to find books, antiques, silks, sarees, emporiums and electronics
- Brigade Road: This place is famous for electronic items, clothes, crockery and footwear
- Chickpet: Area that's specialised in pure silk saris, gold and silver jewellery and dress materials
- Arcot Srinivaschari Street: Here's where to be for brassware, silverware and copperware
Super and Hypermarkets
There are a number of supermarkets in India but the retail environment is not as advanced as in most parts of Europe. Hence, most big retail outlets like Carrefour etc are not present. In its place, a number of smaller supermarkets abound in various parts of the city. Some of the more popular supermarkets in the city are below.
- Nilgiris Supermarket
For a complete listing of all supermarkets in Bangalore, please click here
The recent economic boom in the city has resulted in a rash of upmarket malls that have popped up across the city. These malls carry most major designer brands and offer an international shopping environment. Below are some of the most famous malls in Bangalore
Click here to find out more.