Forum Magazine

Forum of expats Magazine: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

⌸ EN Magazine Travel for unaccompanied minors

Discussion in 'Magazine' started by KashGo, Oct 7, 2021.

1. KashGo

KashGo Addicted member
    Editor

City:
    Manama
    Living In:
    Bahrain
    Nationality:
    South African (ZA)
    Languages:
    English, Afrikaans
    As people are starting to travel again after the various worldwide lockdowns imposed during the Covid-19 pandemic, the global travel industry is being slowly dusted off in preparation.

Flights and trains are used to take passengers to their destinations both domestically and internationally, and often children have to travel by themselves for various reasons.

In this article, we look at which airlines and railways accept minors to travel unaccompanied during this time of Covid restrictions. It is important to note that many airports, airlines and train companies will not accept young travellers due to restrictions.

Article: What are the possibilities for children travelling alone?

Have you sent your children abroad unaccompanied using such service? Please share your experience.

2. 2nise

2nise Well-Known Member
    Networker

City:
    Brighton
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    I actually used the Air France Kids Solo service over the summer for my son to be picked up by the grand parents in Paris. With Covid, it was too difficult and very expensive for me to travel back and forth between London and Paris.
    It cost €70 for the flight ticket in addition to the €70 euro for the normal ticket I think.
    I dropped my son at Heathrow airport and I was asked to wait until the departure of the plane to make sure it was ok. And the family picked him up in Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris. Apparently another kid (6 years old) was also travelling unaccompanied and they sat together. Very good service and when you compare with the price and time and hassle to travel with the child yourself, it's worth the price.

I was just very surprised that British Airways was not offering a similar service :(. Lufthansa in Germany and Iberia for Spain are doing it, as the article said.