Forum Magazine

Forum of expats Magazine: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

⌸ EN Magazine Moving during the pandemic

Discussion in 'Magazine' started by Oana Tamas, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Oana Tamas

Oana Tamas Member
    Editor

City:
    Cluj-Napoca
    Living In:
    Romania
    Nationality:
    Romanian (RO)
    Languages:
    Romanian, English, Italiano, български
  2. Skoots

Skoots Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Spanish (ES)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish
    They certainly are, but prices are going up too. I got some moving estimates recently and it was way higher than I expected. (FWIW, I used a company called Three Movers International and they came in substantially more affordable than others I looked at.) It definitely pays to compare prices - they seemed to be all over the place in my estimation.

3. AnthonyC391

AnthonyC391 Member

City:
    Toronto
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    In December 2020, I relocated from Canada to Sweden. In February 2020, my wife was offered a position, but things fell apart in March. It took about nine months to get all of the documentation completed properly. I knew the trip would be stressful, so I hired an international moving company. We were also taken aback when we arrived. Coming from a country with a lot of limitations to a country where people drink in bars and dine in restaurants still surprises us.

#3 AnthonyC391, May 13, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2022