Forum Luxembourg

Forum of expats in Luxembourg: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Looking for a place "not" to live

Discussion in 'Luxembourg' started by Jam18, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Jam18

Jam18 New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    French
    Hello Expat community!

I will be starting a new job in September with a Luxembourg based company. However I will be very rarely required to be in Luxembourg and doing a lot of trips in Europe with the possibility of remote working when not on a business trip which I plan to do from my current home in France as well as spending my weekends in France. Yet my contract requires me to have a Luxembourg Residency so I am looking for a solution an easy and cheap solution...so if anyone out here is looking for a flatmate that will never be there and that will pay something in return ...It is me :) or if you know of another solution let me know!

Thanks and have a great day!
    J.

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hi @Jam18 and welcome to EasyExpat.com.

Indeed, the cheapest solution is probably a kind of co-location. You can post a classified ad with your search here: https://www.easyexpat.com/en/classifieds/luxembourg/house-flatshare-search_c8.htm

Besides, a simple search with the words flatshare luxembourg should give you some websites offering this type of lodging.

Talking about the arrangement, I was actually wondering how it is going to work in term of tax. Because actually I assume that the company wants you to be resident in Luxembourg (thus the local address)? However if you spend more than 6 months in France, your residency will be in France and that's where income tax and wefare charges should be taken.
    How is it going to work?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jam18

Jam18 New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    French
    Hi Cyril!
    Thanks for your quick reply!

Indeed my future employer requires me to have a Luxembourg residency, but in practical terms Ill be approx 75% of the time on a business trip somewhere in Europe and in a different countries.. So will hardly spend a combines 2 to 3 months anywhere... And I plan to spend my weekend in my home in France as well as the 25% when iam not on a business trip.. I may spend 2 to 3 days in Luxembourg every 3 months for work. I was hoping to find a very cheap flat share where i actually dont even need to have a room since i will not be there at all...

4. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Maybe you can contact people offering "couchsurfing" and get a deal with them...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...