Forum Berlin

Forum of expats in Berlin: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Health insurance germany, is it automatic?

Discussion in 'Berlin' started by zannalabianca, Oct 8, 2020.

1. zannalabianca

zannalabianca New Member

City:
    Messina
    Living In:
    Italy
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English, Italiano
    Good evening everyone, today I am here to ask you something that will SUREly interest and help many other people, including me, at the time of the resolution, because the questions I'm going to ask you were born from being asked, by other people, their operation, so now we get to the core:
    -> The questions concern the EHIC (i.e. the health insurance of our Italian health card)

---> At AIRE you must register within 12 months, after registration, the Italian health facilitation and substantiation will lapse, as the action of registering to it, so here we talk about the period BELOW 12 months, to understand and make us less problems

so the questions now are:
    1) DO YOU NOT NEED, or can you AVOID TO INSURE Yourself with a German medical insurance (and therefore avoid paying) if you are in possession of the European Health Insurance Card (the EHIC), and I am also referring to the public medical insurance while you are working, BECAUSE you point out that you are still insured with the European insurance? if so, WHO should you point it out to in order to trigger the exemption? (put simply: does the EHIC behave like a German insurance for all purposes, but completely free even while you work?)

2) how can you actually use the health card in germany? i.e., if i have to make a dermatological or dental visit, showing the dentist / dermatologist my health card, he will make me pay a simple ticket and if he will see you get reimbursed by italy, or is the opposite, i.e. i will have to pay the full amount, then return to italy with the german invoices, take them to the asl fill out the forms and receive refunds?

thank you very much, and I look forward to (=

i can also speack in italian, feel free to choose :)

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...